August 9, 2026
It's Sunday and time for a new challenge at The Paper Players.
The sensational Stef is our hostess this week and she has a fabulous color challenge for all of us. I have to admit this is my favorite color combo. I had fun creating with this pallatte.
I started with a tan background and then added a piece of cherry gingham paper I found in my stash. I actually added some stitching with my sewing machine. Believe me, I am NOT a seamstress so, this was a stretch for me. I love retro and decided this needed some ric rack added on the top and bottom of the panel. Then I triple mounted teal, aqua and red card stock behind an ephemera card that came with this paper. Red and white Baker's Twine and a button were added to complete the card. I love the way it turned out.
The Paper Player Guidelines
1. Create a NEW paper, or digital, project.
2. Upload your creation to your blog with a link back to us.
3. Please provide a direct link to the post featuring your challenge entry.
4. Please link your card to no more than four challenges, TOTAL.
Entries linked to more than 3 challenges, including ours, will be deleted without notification!
5. All stamping products are welcome.
For more inspiration, be sure to visit the rest of The Paper Players Design Team:
Thanks for stopping by my blog today. Please leave a comment and let me know your thoughts!
Hugs!
Claire


Such a super fun retro card, Claire! I love the cherry gingham background and your main image is so fun. My mom tells me that her mother used to make a cherry pie every year for George Washington's birthday and that's what your card made me think of : ) Have a wonderful week!
ReplyDeleteOH MY GOSH!!! I love this! This is SO retro and SO fun and just adorable! The stitching and the rickrack make it even better!
ReplyDeleteClaire this retro card is just fabulous!! I love the image and the ricrac/button/twine decoration reminds me of my grandmother's cooking apron! I'm loving all the cherries and gingham too. I love it!
ReplyDeleteThat retro image is wonderful and makes a great focal point. I love all those little details like the cherry gingham, the ric-rac and the actual real stitching. That button is a great finisher too. :-)
ReplyDeleteI'm just so smitten with the retro ephemera piece, Claire! She is a fabulous main image and of course the coordinating paper with cherries and aqua plaid is simply marvelous! Fun, fun card with these colors!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun card! I love all the vintage elements, which are enhanced by the color scheme. Blessings!
ReplyDeleteWOW! The retro lover in me is super-lovin' this card, Claire! The cherry paper is adorable. Your attention to detail, from the stitching to the ric-rac to the button, is amazing. What a perfect way to show-off the challenge colors! Have a wonderful weekend, my friend!
ReplyDeleteGingham, rickrack and a vintage ad! What a fabulous combo, Claire. I so agree with Ann, it's the attention to detail on this card that takes it to a whole different level. Fabulous job! Have a great weekend, my friend
ReplyDeletehugs
jaydee