May 21, 2017
It's Sunday and time for new challenges at The Paper Players and Sunday Stamps!
Our wonderful Nance is the hostess this week at The Paper Players. She wants us to create a Clean and Simple card using butterflies. Butterflies are so beautiful and unique. We can't wait to see what you create. Remember a Clean and Simple card should have minimal layers and embellishments with an open design. Sunday Stamps has a beautiful color challenge this week and I knew it would work perfectly for what I wanted to create. Please use a minimum of 3 of the colors in your creations. I love when I can combine these two challenges.
My card is created on a white card base. The background is cut with the MFT Blueprints 20 die set using the new Lemon Lime Twist cardstock by Stampin' Up! I just love this color. I know I am supposed to have minimal layers, so I hope Nance will forgive me. It just made my watercolored background pop. The top layer is created on watercolor paper. I cut it out using the same die set. I used three Distress inks by Tim Holtz for the watercolored background: Twisted Citron, Salty Ocean and Tumbled Glass. I watered down some of the inks to make the splatters. The butterflies were created using a retired Stampin' Up! set: Best of Butterflies. I stamped them in Versa Mark and heat embossed them with white powder. The butterfly punch by Stampin' Up! was used to cut them out. I folded them in the center and adhered them with Glossy Accents to my card to give them dimension. A few sparkling clear sequins were added for shine. The sentiment is stamped in Memento black ink.
Don't forget to check out the fabulous inspirations from our design team and I hope that you will play along with our challenge this week.
The Paper Players Design Team
Create a NEW paper, or digital, project.
- Upload your creation to your blog with a link back to us.
- Please provide a direct link to the post featuring your challenge entry.
- Please link your card to no more than four challenges, TOTAL. Entries linked to more than 3 challenges, including ours, will be deleted without notification!
- Have fun!!
All stamping products are welcome.
- Feel free to use any brand of product you have.
- Please Link up a new project created for this challenge (no back links).
- Feel free to combine our challenge with up to FOUR other challenges.
- We reserve the right to delete any links that do not adhere to challenge rules.
- Please provide a link to us or use the graphic above in your post.
- Have Fun!!!
The challenge will end on Friday June 2nd @ 6pm EST.
Thank you for stopping by my blog today! I always love to hear from you!