Sunday, August 4, 2019

Notes---Paper Players Challenge #453



August 4, 2019

What a weekend it has been!  I attended my 45th High School reunion!  YES, I am old!  It was wonderful to spend time with my childhood friends.  So many cherished memories.  Today, I am off to my family reunion!  

It is time for a new challenge at The Paper Players!
I am the hostess this week!  Anyone that knows me well, knows how much I love school related things.  School started this week in Georgia and my grands are busy now making new friends and memories.  I taught Elementary School for 27 years and I still miss the excitement of a new year and a new class.  Crayons, paper, scissors and glue still make me smile!  I hope you will play along with us and make a card to encourage a special child, teacher, coach, bus driver or school personal.  HAVE FUN! 

                                                



My card was created for my grand daughter, Addison.  She is in 5th grade already!  Time is flying by---she loves yellow and she know that I love polka dots, so I made the background with some DSP we both liked.  The journal pages were cut using the SugarPea Designs notebook journal die.  I used some DSP school papers from my stash.  I found this 5th grade journal tab sticker and some other stickers in a box of old stuff.  Yes, I am a hoarder of old scrapbooking items, too!  I added red and white Baker's twine and a green paper clip to complete my card.  The "notes" was cut using the same die set.  The subjects are stamped using a stamp that I found in my stash.  I am sorry that I don't know where it is from.  


 Challenge Rules: Paper Players Challenge

1.  Create a NEW paper, or digital, project.
2.  Upload your creation to your blog with a link back to us.
3.  Please provide a direct link to the post featuring your challenge entry.
4.  Please link your card to no more than four challenges, TOTAL.
 Entries linked to more than 3 challenges, including ours, will be deleted without notification!
5.  All stamping products are welcome.
6.  Have fun! 

Don't forget to check out all the amazing projects from the Design Team.  

The Paper Players Design Team

Thanks for stopping by my blog today.  Please leave a comment and let me know your thoughts! 

HUGS
Claire

9 comments:

  1. Such a fun card, Claire! I love the "happy" colors and patterns. I'm sure Addison will love it, too. Hey, collecting those supplies paid off because you had the perfect accents for her 5th grade card. You've inspired me to bring some life to those hidden gems in my craft studio, too. Have a super day, my friend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claire your bright and colourful card is the perfect way to wish Addison best wishes for the start of 5th grade - glad to hear those hoarded supplies have come in useful too! What a fun challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She will love this! I think the yellow polka dot background looks so awesome, and I love the bakers twine at the side. Glad you had a fun weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too darn cute...perfect for your grand daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute, cute, cute! Big, bright and bold....Addison will love it! So do I! I hope you had fun at your 45th...ours was a couple of years ago and it was really nice seeing classmates...some had familiar faces and some had changed A LOT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know your granddaughter will love your bright, fun card! I have fond memories of those first days of school after summer vacation. Thank you for being a teacher, Claire!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The subjects are not fun but your card is!!! I like all the bright colors and layout! Great challenge this week..thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Claire! This card is awesome! Addison will adore it for sure. There are so many cute details. I didn't realize you had been a teacher. Same here...34 years! I get very nostalgic this time of the year. I LOVED getting my room ready, and buying new supplies...and of course, meeting my kids!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Claire, I am in love with the yellow and white polka dots. What a wonderful card this is for Addison. I bet she loved it. The little pens on the cards are the perfect finishing touch.
    Hugs
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love every comment. Please come back soon!!