Sunday, May 19, 2019

I'm Sorry! PP442 and SSC205

May 19, 2019

It's Sunday and time for new challenges at The Paper Players and Sunday Stamps.  

The lovely Laurie is our hostess this week at  The Paper Players   The challenge is Clean and Simple using plants!  

The Sunday Stamps challenge is a color challenge.  Remember to use a minimum of 3 colors and a neutral!  

I am also playing along with the CAS on Sunday Challenge.  Their theme this week is "Polka Dots" and you know I love them!  


                                   



My card is created on a Kraft base instead of white.  I hope that passes for CAS.  I created a frame in black for my cactus using a stamp by Rubbernecker stamps.  The cactus are from Stamps of Life Succulents2 stamp set. I cut out the pots in red paper with the matching dies.  I paper pieced the pots with black and white stripes and polka dots using the same dies.  I colored the cactus with Copic Markers.  I stamped the sentiment in black. It is from the same stamp set.  



REMEMBER THIS IS CLEAN AND SIMPLE WEEK - THESE ARE THE RULES WE POST EVERY CAS CHALLENGE

What do we mean by Clean and Simple?
  • Minimal layers and embellishments
  • Plenty of open space, aka "white" space
  • Simple and uncluttered




Challenge Guidelines
  • Feel free to use any brand of product you have. 
  • The colors from this challenge MUST be the primary colors on your project.
  • Please Link up a new project created for this challenge (no back links). 
  • Feel free to combine our challenge with up to FOUR other challenges.
  • We reserve the right to delete any links that do not adhere to challenge rules.
  • Please provide a link to us or use the graphic above in your post. 
  • Have Fun!!!

The challenge will end on Friday May 31st @ 6pm EST. 


                                                    Sunday Stamps Design Team
Claire Broadwater (me)

The Paper Players Design Team

Thanks for stopping by my blog today.  Please leave a comment and let me know your thoughts! 


HUGS
Claire

9 comments:

  1. Those succulents are so fun and cute dressed in their striped and polka dot plant pots, Claire ... love how the white border really pops against the natural kraft background! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Wow! Wow! This card is fabulous, Claire! Your coloring is spectacular. I love those paper pieced pots. You knocked it out of the park for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pots are SO cute! I love that frame around them too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Claire, there is so much I love about this card! Your shading is beautiful on those succulents and the mix of patterns looks fabulous. I'm so inspired to create with that color combo, too. Fantastic, as always, my friend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cute...you should enter them in the Polka Dot challenge from CAS on Sunday!! Love those little pots!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those funky pots Claire - the perfect way to jazz up your cacti! The scribble border adds a neat frame without overwhelming too. A great card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the cactus and succulents! The pot outlines are a perfect way to sneak in the red color.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clever way to used the color combo Claire
    love the red outlines too great idea
    Adorable Succulents card sweety
    miss you hope to see you on my DT card back
    hugs hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your little potted succulents! Good choice putting it on the craft paper, love the look!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love every comment. Please come back soon!!