Sunday, September 16, 2018

LOVE Paper Players 410

September 16, 2018


It's Sunday and time for a new challenge at The Paper Players!

I am the hostess this week and I have a fun Clean and Simple Challenge for all of you!  Fall is a great time for all types of sports, so use your imagination and show us your favorite sport, colors or team.  We can't wait to see your creations!  Just remember--it is Clean and Simple week.

What do we mean by Clean and Simple:
  • Minimal layers and embellishments
  • Plenty of open space, aka "white" space
  • Simple and uncluttered





I am a huge Indiana University and UGA fan, but I decided to go with my favorite sport to play!  I LOVE tennis!  I didn't start playing until I retired from teaching, so my game leaves a lot to be desired, but I have FUN and that is what it is all about!  I play with a great group of ladies and we play in the ALTA league (Atlanta Lawn and Tennis Association) in the fall and spring.  Tennis is huge in the ATL, so am am happy that I can participate.  

My card is created on a 5 x 5 square white base.  I cut the LOVE letters out using Stampin' Up! Large Letter Dies on polka dot DSP  from my stash.  Polka Dots are another favorite of mine. I had a scrap of paper that looked like a net, so I used it to ground my tennis players.   Your Next Stamp Sports Fanatics Two and the matching dies were used for my little players.  I colored them with Copic Markers and added Wink of Stella and goggly eyes for fun!  I added a few enamel dots to complete my card.  I thought it looked like my balls flying everywhere!  LOL!


Looking for some inspiration?  Make sure you check out all the blogs of the Design Team Members.


The Paper Players Design Team

Elizabeth Stewart 

 Create a NEW paper, or digital, project.
  1. Upload your creation to your blog with a link back to us. 
  2. Please provide a direct link to the post featuring your challenge entry.
  3. Please link your card to no more than four challenges, TOTAL.  Entries linked to more than 3 challenges, including ours, will be deleted without notification!
  4. Have fun!!
All stamping products are welcome.  Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!
Thanks for stopping by my blog today!  Leave a comment and let me know your thoughts!

HUGS!
Claire

11 comments:

  1. Love your card! It's so cute. Smile BIG!:)

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got some new-to-me swimmer stamps and want to represent my sport! Do I drop a link in the comments section?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh duh--see the Linky at the PP site!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my Claire, your googly-eyed tennis balls are adorable - LOVE them!! I'm a tennis fan too (watch rather than play!) and how great that you only discovered it once you'd retired from teaching. I only started running a couple of years ago, and I love it too - great for blowing away the cobwebs! What a fun challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously, Claire! Your tennis balls with the google eyes are hysterical. I laughed out loud. Fabulous challenge and a fabulous card!
    Hugs
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the googly eyes - I thought they were part of the stamp but adding them in is even better. My parents-in-law would love this card, having played tennis all their lives and right up until their 70s. It was a fun challenge, Claire - but I've now used up my only sports stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those images are so cute..love the google eyes!This was a fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE your LOVE card, Claire! Those tennis balls are a hoot! What a great challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Claire... your tennis balls cracked me up! I bet you could repurpose them and create the M&M characters for Halloween! And I love how you created the net...great use of a background.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun is this card?! The googly-eyed tennis balls made me smile ear to ear! Hope you're having a great week and thanks for a fun CAS challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute card Claire, and I love your clever use of the word "love"! Good for you getting such wonderful exercise playing tennis. That sounds like way too much work for me, lol!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love every comment. Please come back soon!!