Sunday, April 8, 2018

Lavender PP388 and SS176

April 8, 2018


It's Sunday and time for new challenges at The Paper Players and Sunday Stamps!

It is not often I can combine these challenges but, this week it worked out perfectly!   I hope you will play along with both challenges!   

The lovely LeAnne is our hostess this week at The Paper Players!  I love this gorgeous color palette!  SO many ways to go with this combo!  Heather's  sketch at Sunday Stamps makes me smile because I love layers! 


 






Challenge Rules: Paper Players Challenge

 1.  
Create a NEW paper, or digital, project.
2.  Upload your creation to your blog with a link back to us.
3.  Please provide a direct link to the post featuring your challenge entry.
4.  Please link your card to no more than four challenges, TOTAL.
 Entries linked to more than 3 challenges, including ours, will be deleted without notification!
5.  All stamping products are welcome.
Have Fun!


Challenge Guidelines For Sunday Stamps:
  • Feel free to use any brand of product you have. 
  • The colors from this challenge MUST be the primary colors on your project.
  • Please Link up a new project created for this challenge (no back links). 
  • Feel free to combine our challenge with up to FOUR other challenges.
  • We reserve the right to delete any links that do not adhere to challenge rules.
  • Please provide a link to us or use the graphic above in your post. 
  • Have Fun!!!
The challenge will end on Friday April 20th @ 6pm EST. 



Using different scraps from my SU papers of Elegant Eggplant and Wisteria Wonder, I created the background.  I used an embossing folder to create the center panel.  If you look closely at the sketch, you will see the different patterns on the layers.  I used the Reverse Confetti Basket die to create the fun layers of the basket.  I used the Stampin Up! Lots of Lavender set for the lavender.  I stamped it four times and colored it with Copic Markers.  I cut all the pieces out with my new Scan N Cut machine.  I tied a big linen thread bow on the front of the basket.  Three pearls were added to complete the sketch.  I always add a sentiment, but with the embossed letters, I decided to just write a personal note inside.  It can be used for any occasion that way. 



Looking for some inspiration?  Make sure you check out all the blogs of the Design Team Members.  You won't be disappointed! 



                                             Sunday Stamps Design Team

Claire Broadwater (me)
Teresa Kline

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!  Leave a comment and let me know your thoughts!


HUGS!
Claire


11 comments:

  1. Love this! All the textures are so fun, and that basket of blooms is so pretty.Gorgeous Claire!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely basket of lavender Claire - and such a great mix of patterns and textures! A scan and cut machine? That sounds fun! I have a Silhouette Cameo, but don't use it anywhere near enough. If only there were more hours in the day! Looking forward to hearing more about your scan and cut adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claire, I love your basket of lavender! My mom always had lavender scents around, so this reminds me of her! Your patterns and textures together are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That basket of lavender, against the paper and embossing, looks stunning! I was thinking you must really like fussy cutting when I saw the lavender cut like that but this machine of yours sounds amazing. This is such a pretty creation, Claire.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card - I can almost smell that basket of lavender. You could even spray it before sending it so the recipient gets a beautiful waft of lavender.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful basket of lavender (my favorite :) Love the embossing too! Hope you're having a great week - Hugs, Annie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Claire, I'm in love with your basket of lavender! It reminds me of the lavender farm here on Long Island. A scan-and-cut machine? That's new to me but you've piqued my interest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is lovely, Claire! The mix of purple patterns is very chic and your basket is gorgeous. I especially like the little lace layer and linen bow. Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Claire - you rocked this color challenge. Your basket is simply stunning. Your new toy did an incredible job of cutting out the elements, too. how exciting to have a new toy that works so well.
    Hugs
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely stunning Claire! The colors are perfect and I love your design! Perfect take on the sketch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hullo Claire,

    LOVE LOVE LOVE this card - makes me feel so relaxed just looking at it, can almost smell the fragrance in my mind! So much appeal, the textures and colors are smashing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love every comment. Please come back soon!!