Sunday, April 15, 2018

Happy Birthday-- PP389

April 15, 2018

It's Sunday and time for a new challenge at The Paper Players!!

It's the sensational Sandy's week to be our hostess and she has a fantastic challenge for all of us.  It's a Clean and Simple "Magical" theme.  Create a project using unicorns, fairies, gnomes, etc.  Have fun and we can't wait to see your creations!



Unfortunately, I am in Indiana to attend my dear Aunt's funeral and when I went to write my blog, I realized it is a Clean and Simple challenge!!  My card is NOT CAS, so I hope Sandy will forgive me.  I am going to go ahead and share it with all of you!



I created the top layer using distress inks and the smooshing technique on watercolored paper.  I mounted it on black card stock. My card is created on green card stock and is a 5 x 5 square.  The fairies are from Craftin Desert Divas Seasonal Fairies.  I colored them with Copic Markers and added a lot of Wink of Stella for shine.  The shaker was created using the MFT circle pouches and lots of sequins.  The Happy Birthday circle  frame is from MFT.  I added more sequins for fun.  I also created an envelope for my card. 



Looking for some inspiration?  Make sure you check out all the blogs of the Design Team Members.


Challenge Rules:

 Create a NEW paper, or digital, project.
  1. Upload your creation to your blog with a link back to us. 
  2. Please provide a direct link to the post featuring your challenge entry.
  3. Please link your card to no more than four challenges, TOTAL.  Entries linked to more than 3 challenges, including ours, will be deleted without notification!
  4. Have fun!!
All stamping products are welcome.  Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!  Leave a comment and let me know your thoughts!

HUGS!
Claire

9 comments:

  1. Claire, I am so sorry to hear about your Aunt. My sympathies to you and your family. Today's card is adorable, CAS or not! Love the colors, the fun shaker, and the MFT diecut sentiment is awesome! Sending you lots of hugs and love...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claire, sorry to hear that you have lost a dear aunt. Like Nance, I think that your card is fabulous. The smooshy background and shaker are lovely. I have to confess to having failed to notice the CAS part in these challenges to sometimes and I'm secretly a bit pleased to know it's not just me! Special hugs to you this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CAS or not, this is adorable! I love the sequins in your fun shaker card. But I am sorry to hear about your aunt. Enjoy the time with your family, love 'em up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Claire,

    biggest hug - treasure your memories. Good reminder, send CARDS to those we love, while we can.

    Your card is super creative and you put a LOT of tlc into it. So pretty and sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is adorable Claire...the fairies are so sweet!That background is really pretty too, along with the bling...love it!

    Sending hugs and prayers....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is so fun and sweet. I love the "smooshed" background too! So sorry to hear about your aunt...thinking of you and sending hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Claire this card is so adorable, and the shaker element takes it over the top! No apologies needed for the CAS part, you've clearly had your hands full. So sorry to hear about your aunt, sending hugs to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the smoothed panel and shaker element Claire, framed by that sweet fairy pair - CAS or not, it's a triumph! So sorry to hear about your aunt - sending hugs to you! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Claire, so sorry to hear about your Aunt. Sending you big hugs. Your card might not be CAS but it certainly is chock full of fun elements and wonderful colors. A little girls dream shaker card!
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love every comment. Please come back soon!!