Sunday, May 28, 2017

Save Water, Drink Wine--PP#346

May 28, 2017

Happy Memorial Day weekend to all of you in the U.S.A.!  What a very special weekend it is to honor all of the wonderful men and women who sacrificed their lives for our freedom!  Thank you!  

It's Sunday and time for a new challenge at The Paper Players!  Our lovely Laurie is the hostess this week and she has a fabulous sketch for all of us!  We can't wait to see what you create!  



My card is created on a white card base.  I used the new Berry Burst card stock from Stampin' Up! for the frame.  I don't know where the frame is from.  Sorry!  I cut a white rectangle and used a square stitched die to cut out the frame.  A scrap of green argyle was used to fill in the square.  I also found a scrap of pink polka dots to cut  the long stitched rectangle.  The wine glasses were cut using the Reverse Confetti Clink dies and the sentiment is from the same set. I stamped the wine glasses in Berry Burst and then fussy cut the wine.  Wink of Stella was added on the wine and a few sparkling clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh were added to complete my card.  


Don't forget to check out the fabulous inspirations from our design team and I hope that you will play along with our challenge this week.

The Paper Players Design Team
Challenge Rules:

 Create a NEW paper, or digital, project.
  1. Upload your creation to your blog with a link back to us. 
  2. Please provide a direct link to the post featuring your challenge entry.
  3. Please link your card to no more than four challenges, TOTAL.  Entries linked to more than 3 challenges, including ours, will be deleted without notification!
  4. Have fun!!
All stamping products are welcome.  Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

HUGS!
Claire

5 comments:

  1. This is adorable, Claire--I love the sentiment and those sweet wine glasses. Love that there is a pair coz it's always better to share wine with a friend! Great colors too--love the pop of green. Great use of the sketch, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card and sentiment! Love the colors for this sketch,too!

    Have a great week Claire!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now they are words to live by (as I'm sat here with my glass of red as I type!) The only thing I'm missing is someone to share it with! I love your frames and mix of subtle patterns, along with the trio of sequins for just a hint of sparkle. Great card Claire!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Claire, this cracked me up! I agree with Joanne, these are words I live by, too :-) What a great take on the sketch and fabulous coloring on the wine glasses,too. I need to remember to do that!
    Hugs
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha - this is awesome Claire! Love the new SU colour too!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love every comment. Please come back soon!!