It's Sunday and time for new challenges at The Paper Players and Sunday Stamps!
Our wonderful Nance is the hostess this week at The Paper Players. She wants us to create a Clean and Simple card using butterflies. Butterflies are so beautiful and unique. We can't wait to see what you create. Remember a Clean and Simple card should have minimal layers and embellishments with an open design. Sunday Stamps has a beautiful color challenge this week and I knew it would work perfectly for what I wanted to create. Please use a minimum of 3 of the colors in your creations. I love when I can combine these two challenges.
My card is created on a white card base. The background is cut with the MFT Blueprints 20 die set using the new Lemon Lime Twist cardstock by Stampin' Up! I just love this color. I know I am supposed to have minimal layers, so I hope Nance will forgive me. It just made my watercolored background pop. The top layer is created on watercolor paper. I cut it out using the same die set. I used three Distress inks by Tim Holtz for the watercolored background: Twisted Citron, Salty Ocean and Tumbled Glass. I watered down some of the inks to make the splatters. The butterflies were created using a retired Stampin' Up! set: Best of Butterflies. I stamped them in Versa Mark and heat embossed them with white powder. The butterfly punch by Stampin' Up! was used to cut them out. I folded them in the center and adhered them with Glossy Accents to my card to give them dimension. A few sparkling clear sequins were added for shine. The sentiment is stamped in Memento black ink.
Don't forget to check out the fabulous inspirations from our design team and I hope that you will play along with our challenge this week.
The Paper Players Design Team
Create a NEW paper, or digital, project.
- Upload your creation to your blog with a link back to us.
- Please provide a direct link to the post featuring your challenge entry.
- Please link your card to no more than four challenges, TOTAL. Entries linked to more than 3 challenges, including ours, will be deleted without notification!
- Have fun!!
All stamping products are welcome.
- Feel free to use any brand of product you have.
- Please Link up a new project created for this challenge (no back links).
- Feel free to combine our challenge with up to FOUR other challenges.
- We reserve the right to delete any links that do not adhere to challenge rules.
- Please provide a link to us or use the graphic above in your post.
- Have Fun!!!
The challenge will end on Friday June 2nd @ 6pm EST.
Thank you for stopping by my blog today! I always love to hear from you!
Have a wonderful week!