Sunday, December 6, 2015

Walking In A Winter Wonderland--PP274

December 6, 2015

It's Sunday and time for a fun theme challenge at The Paper Players!  I am the hostess this week.  Although, I am not a big fan of winter, I do like snow for Christmas.  So, I chose "LET IT SNOW" for the theme.  Growing up in Indiana, I saw enough snow to last a lifetime, but there is something magical about the first snowfall.  We can't wait to see what you create!  




My base card is white card stock.  I cut a piece of watercolor paper and distressed the top section with Salty Ocean and Broken China inks.  I stamped the snow flurries with Versa Mark ink and heat embossed them with white embossing powder.  I cut two white snow drifts using the Lawn Fawn "Hillside Borders" dies.    I used Iced Spruce Distress Ink to stamp the trees.  I attached the snow drifts and trees with Stampin' Dimensionals.    




I added Sparkling Clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh in two sizes for fun!  Wink of Stella was added on the tress for extra glisten.  My sentiment was stamped in black Versa Fine ink and heat embossed with clear powder.  I am sorry that I don't know where the stamp is from!  I added a fun foam backing on the watercolor panel so it had a lot of dimension.  




So happy you stopped by my blog today!  Please leave a message!  I love to hear from you!  

Don't forget to check out the fabulous inspirations from our design team and I hope that you will play along with our challenge this week.





Challenge Rules:

 Create a NEW paper, or digital, project.


  1. Upload your creation to your blog with a link back to us. 
  2. Please provide a direct link to the post featuring your challenge entry.
  3. Please link your card to no more than three challenges, TOTAL.  Entries linked to more than 3 challenges, including ours, will be deleted without notification!
  4. Have fun!


All stamping products are welcome! Thank you for joining the Paper Players this week.  

Have a wonderful week!!
HUGS!
Claire


8 comments:

  1. Claire, this is so pretty...wish winter was a lovely as this perfectly executed card! Hugs:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claire your card is absolutely gorgeous! That watercoloured sky with the swirling snowflakes is truly magical. Way to go with a fab themed challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful! I love the background you created, it's so pretty, as are those gorgeous trees! Great challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this Claire! You background turned out perfectly and the colors are fantastic for a winter card. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love everything about this, Claire! Your swirling background of snow and sky is stunning. Just perfect for the theme and I love the hilly snowsides too...just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful, Claire! I love how the swirls in the sky and trees echo the snowdrifts. Great challenge, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Claire, this is fabulous. I love how the sequins are placed so artfully amongst the swirls and stars in the sky. Stunning card.
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love every comment. Please come back soon!!