Saturday, May 9, 2015

Vixen--PPA 250 and Merry Monday #157

May 9, 2015

It is beautiful here today!  I should be outside because it has just been one of those days where nothing went right in my craft room.  LOL!  Ever have days like that?  Well, I finally finished my card and I am going to move on!  

My card today is for the Pals Paper Arts Color Challenge and The Merry Monday Christmas Challenge.



I really like this color combo, and I know it is not your typical Christmas card colors, but I always say, "Dare to be different!"  I have had this stamp forever and never used it.  It was just shouting out to me today!  I hope you will enjoy my take on these challenges!



I changed the card base 4 times before I finally decided on white.  I tried to add a sentiment, but it just didn't look right anywhere on the card.  The watercolored rectangle was too large for a square card, so I finally just centered it and decided the image spoke volumes with all the bling!  The inside sentiment will reflect a holiday greeting!

This stamp is from a retired company "Outlines."  I stamped the image with Versa Mark and added white embossing powder.  I used my aqua painter and colored the image using Coastal Cabana, Baked Brown Sugar and Hello Honey.




Thanks for stopping by today!  Please leave a comment, I love to hear from you!  



Have a great evening!

Happy Stampin'!
Claire


5 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful card, Claire! Your dare to be different certainly worked, the colors are fantastic with this image. Your water coloring is gorgeous and the pearls are just the right touch! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Pals Paper Arts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much, Dawn! I struggled with this card so, I appreciate your kind comments! XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is a lovely watercolored card, Claire! It sure doesn't look like it was struggle! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card, Claire! Thanks for including the PPA color challenge in your stamping fun this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love every comment. Please come back soon!!