Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Life is A Beautiful Ride--The Challenge #27

March 18, 2015

Today was a perfect day!  The weather was gorgeous and I went to a tennis clinic!  I am not a great player, but I have so much fun and LOVE the game!  

I am playing along with the Always Playing With Paper-The Challenge.  I absolutely adore the colors and the sketch!  



I have always loved bike riding.  I don't do much riding now that I live where it is very hilly, but it is a goal of mine to get back in to it.  I have had my eye on this bike stamp set and dies "Pedal Pusher" by Papertrey Ink for a long time.  When I finally decided I had to have it, it was out of stock.  I was notified that it was back in stock and I ordered it immediately!  I am so happy!  I just love it and I can see several cards in the next few weeks will be made with this set.



Melon Mambo was used for the bike.  I would love to own a pink bike like this!  How fun would it be with that little basket to carry goodies.  I wanted a more rustic feel to my card so, I used the retired Stampin' Up! Hardwood background stamp and stamped it in Basic Gray.  I found these two accent pieces of designer series paper in the retired set by Stampin' Up! called Gingham Garden.  



I used dimensionals on the back of the bike because these wheels actually SPIN!  Isn't that cool?  The brads were in my stash of embellishments.  
I wanted to write a personal note inside this card, so I didn't stamp a message, but it is ready to go in this envelope.  



I hope you enjoyed my card!  Please leave a message and let me know your thoughts.  I cherish your messages!

If you have any questions, please contact me at: Claire.

ENJOY your day!

Happy Stampin'!
Claire





10 comments:

  1. I love this card, Claire. The gingham print, mixed with the woodgrain and the whimsical bike! It is all perfect together! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Lesley! SO nice to hear from you! XX

      Delete
  2. Wow, wow, wowza, Claire! This card is outstanding!!!! The crosshatch, gingham and rustic wood papers look amazing together and that bike is so charming with the spinning wheels. What an attractive creation! Love it, love it!!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenny, you are always so kind! Thank you very much for your kind comments! XX

      Delete
  3. WOW Claire, so lovely!!! Beautiful colors and image pairings, just WOW, I am so glad you joined us, I always LOVE your creations! Thanks for joining us at The Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Kimberly! You are so sweet to comment and I do appreciate your kind words! XX

      Delete
  4. Claire, I wouldn't miss the chance to tell you how much I love every single element of your card! I have a very old wood-mounted bicycle, never as cute as this one - with a die? and the wheels turn!? I must know about the hounds-tooth, please?
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Michelle! SO nice of you to visit my blog! I wrote you an email. XX

      Delete
  5. LOVE this card and your bike is so fun. I can just imagine riding down an old country road on this beauty. Thank you so much for playing along with us at The Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, I just love this, Claire! Everything about it is perfect; that wood grain background is outstanding and the gingham so sweet! Love, love, love this! Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love every comment. Please come back soon!!