Monday, March 9, 2015

Joy--Merry Monday #149

March 9, 2015

Today I am playing along with the Merry Monday Christmas Challenge.  This week Debbie is the hostess.  Monochromatic Blue is the theme for the week.  The Design Team has so many wonderful projects for inspiration!  Make sure you visit all of the blogs! 



I love Christmas cards in blue so, I went searching for some blue papers in my stash.  I came across two different sheets that would work perfectly.  I pulled out a new die that I purchased from Simons Says Stamp.  I decided a shaker card would be lots of fun.  




It is hard to see in the picture, but the gift wrap on the paper is the same as what I lined the envelope with.  It adds more of the monochromatic look.  I found a piece of blue foil and cut the ribbon out of that.  Who doesn't like a gift with a big, shiny bow?



The "JOY" sentiment was cut five times and stacked up to give it more dimension.  I added Wink of Stella on top of the "JOY" to make it shine.  It is very difficult to photograph.  Lots of sequins were added to make it glisten and shine.

I am so glad you stopped by my blog today.  Please leave a comment and let me know what you think.  I love to hear from you!

If you have any questions, please contact me at: Claire.

Wishing you a lovely day!

Happy Stampin!
Claire




12 comments:

  1. Hi, I just love your card, I have a similar sizzex bigz die that I have had for simply ages and I always forget it is there, just love your interpretation, thanks for sharing with us and good luck with the challenge!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Jasann! SO nice to hear from you! XX

      Delete
  2. a fun shaker cut. love the die cut :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made a great shaker card !
    greetings from the Netherlands , Ineke

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Shaker card, the blues are lovely. It caught my eye right away in the MM Gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful shaker card Claire, Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, Claire! Love the shaker part and the overall design! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Monday! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love every comment. Please come back soon!!