Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Happy Birthday and PP #165 and NAC#57

October 2, 2013

I started out the day in a terrible way. My computer had to be taken in yesterday to remove viruses and I couldn't check all my blogs, etc with my coffee.  My husband asked me to make a card for his General Manager's birthday. Of course, he needed it by tomorrow!!!  I had an idea for a card and when I started making it my Big Shot broke!!!!!!!  It was a sad moment for me. ;((((  I CANT function without it. The handle broke off and my plates are now stuck in it!!!!!  I cried and then ran to order a new one from Stampin, Up!  (Of course I will pay over night delivery!!!!!! ).  I can not make cards without it!  I am the embossing queen!!!!!!  Well, then I called my dear friend, and she said I could borrow hers. Life is good------ thank you, Sharon!!!!!!!


I am entering this card in the The Paper Players challenge and the Nacho Average sketch challenge. I love the bingo board for a birthday card. I used the ribbon, patterned paper and birthday row on the Bingo card.



Stampin'  Up!  Products:

Paper :  Pacific Point, Basic Black, Whisper White, Witches Brew Designer Series Paper

Ink:   White Pigment Ink

Stamp Set:  Bring On The Cake

Tools:  Stampin' Trimmer, Snail Adhesive, Big Shot Cutting Machine, Argyle Embossing Folder, Houndstooth Embossing Folder,  Stampin'  Dimensionals, White Embossing Powder, Embossing Buddy , Heat Tool, Paper Snips

Embellishments:  Real Red Candy Dots---- it needed a POP of color :).   Black Chevron Ribbon

Please join my email to get updates on my blog. Thank you for looking!!!!

Happy Stampin'
Claire

20 comments:

  1. What a super cute card! The chalk board technique looks great! Thanks for joining us at Nacho Average Challenges again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Yapha! It was my first attempt at the chalkboard technique. I appreciate your kind comments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, what terrible things to happen! I would be suffering from withdrawal for sure! I am glad you were still able to create this fun card...great technique! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, LeAnne! Yes, my poor Big Shot can not be repaired. It was dramatic! Ha Ha! I appreciate your kind comments!

      Delete
  4. claire, glad to see your wonderfully beautiful creations again, this week! bravo! and chalkboards are big now. I love the color selection you chose, and the clever birthday tag!
    thank you for playing along with us @ NAC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sharon! I love the Pacific Point and Basic Black together. That was a first for me, too. I appreciate your encouraging comments!

      Delete
  5. I love this card! The chalkboard technique is awesome, and your colors really pop! So glad you played along with the nachos this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too love my Big Shot! Love the texture, colors and layers in your card! Great birthday card. Thanks for joining the Nachos this week. Hope you will play along again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Kathya! I was lost without mine! I received my new one today! I appreciate your kind comments!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love the dramatic bow and the fabulous chalkboard tag! Great card for both challenges....so glad you joined us at The Paper Players. Thank you for your super sweet comments on my blog today! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, Nance! I always love your work! I appreciate your kind comments! Love the Paper Players Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice card Claire. Such different colors it was nice to see. Thank you for playing with us this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Leilani! Always fun to step out of the box! :)

      Delete
  11. Great masculine card! Love that blue-black-red color combo, the texture, and the awesome chevron ribbon. Thanks for joining the Nachos for this week's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you, Christy! I loved the colors together, too. Never used it before, but love the way it turned out! I appreicate your kind comments!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry to hear about your Big Shot, but glad you are getting a new one quick! Love the card. Thanks for playing along with the Nachos this week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Anne! My Big Shot dying was very sad, but I am back in business! Thanks for your kind compliments!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a striking card! Love the color combination and the chalkboard technique is perfect here. Thanks for playing with the Nacho's and hope to see you again soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks so much, Shans! It was my first time to use the chalkboard technique, and I loved it. I appreciate your kind comments!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love every comment. Please come back soon!!