Sunday, December 3, 2023

Ho! Ho! Ho! The Paper Players Challenge

December 3, 2023

It's Sunday and time for a new challenge at The Paper Players.  

The amazing Jaydee is our hostess this week and she has such a timely Theme Challenge for all of us!  It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas.  Have fun and we can't wait to see what you create. 



If you follow me, you know I love red.  So, I decided to design my card with all red.  I love the way it turned out.  I found the candy cane paper in my stash and the back side was the stripe.  I added a Real Red layer first and then added the DSP.  The red border was cut with a zig zag die.  The Santa is from an old Tim Holtz set called Santa Christmas.  I have had this set for years.  I added the Ho Ho Ho sentiment in red ink.  It is from the same stamp set.  I also added red enamel dots.  I sponged red ink around the white panel, too.


  1. Please provide a direct link to the post featuring your challenge entry.
  2. Please link your card to no more than four challenges, TOTAL, including ours
  3. Please be considerate of our requests; entries that do not follow any of these rules will be deleted without notification.
  4. Have fun, and thank you for playing with us!

Don't forget to check out all the amazing projects from the Design Teams.  



The Paper Players Design Team

              Claire Broadwater  That's me

Thanks for stopping by my blog today.  Please leave a comment and let me know your thoughts!

Hugs!

Claire

7 comments:

  1. You would know that I LOVE this Santa! Love the stripes and candy canes too! He is just so nostalgic, I could give him a big squeeze!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claire, so much to love about this card. Your large Santa, the fact that you kept the colors to red and white, that fabulous striped and zigzag layer.... just love it. Thanks for rocking my challenge this week
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clair, your Santa card with the vintage vibe is so sweet. Who can resist this adorable candy cane paper? The enamel dots are the perfect accent. What else can I say...I LOVE this card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Red is also one of my favorite colors, Claire - I don't know why I don't use it more often. Your Santa has a great retro vibe to him! HO! HO! HO!
    Xoxo, Fran

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh Claire, I just love that old timey Santa. He is so fun and cheerful. I also love all of the red papers and patterns. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Claire I just love your red and white card. The candy cane stripes and detail are so fun but that jolly Santa truly steals the show - he's fabulous, just like your card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, this fab retro Santa certainly will bring a smile to the face of the recipient. It certainly made me smile, too! So fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love every comment. Please come back soon!!