Monday, June 25, 2018

It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year Keeping Christmas

June 25, 2018

WOW!  6 months until Christmas!  Time is flying!

I am honored  to be a part of the Keeping Christmas Inspiration Blog Hop.  


It's time for this month's installment of Keeping Christmas with The Challenge design team!  We will be sharing Christmas creations on the 25th of each month!!!


The whole idea is to have some Christmas cards and projects in our stash all ready to go for December 2018!

So hop along and be sure to visit each blog. 
There is a lot of inspiration and ideas to get your creative juices flowing!



Anita Madden (on break)





Kim Heggins (on break)




Look closely and you will see the middle card is different in several ways.  Keep reading to find out how my mistake ended up making me happy!  Do you ever have that happen?  


All three cards are created using the Altenew Night Before Christmas stamp set.  I also used Ranger Distress Watercolor Paper to create the backgrounds.   I always use the assembly line system when I am creating multiple cards.  I used Pickled RaspberryTwisted Citron and Peacock Feathers Distress Inks to create the backgrounds using the smooshing method.  I let those dry for a while then flicked a few white paint splatters to look like snow.  I also flicked some water to distress the ink.  


I stamped the first two trees using MFT JellyBean Green ink.  I stamped several times using my Misti to get good coverage.  I then adhered the panel to a matching background and card base and added clear sparkling sequins to complete the card.  



The last card was a mistake that turned out great.  First, I stamped the tree with Versa Mark ink and heat embossed it with white embossing powder.  You could not see any of the words, so I decided to reink the tree with Versa Mark and heat embossed it with silver embossing powder.  The words still didn't show, but I loved the look of the tree.  I added the sequins and this completed the card.  


I am thrilled to have three more cards to add to my Christmas stash.  

I sure hope you enjoyed my cards today!  Thanks for stopping by!  Leave a comment and let me know your thoughts.  I love to hear from you!

The hop is hosted by the fabulous Kelly Lunceford's blog, so head over there to start from the beginning.

ENJOY the blog hop!  I hope we inspired you to make a few cards, too!

HUGS!
Claire
SaveSave

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes mixups turn out so special like,yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful watercolor cards! Such beautiful color combinations!❤❤❤ great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, these are so beautiful! Love those backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love every comment. Please come back soon!!