Wednesday, April 25, 2018

May Your Heart Be Filled With Light---Keeping Christmas

April 25, 2018

I am honored  to be a part of the Keeping Christmas Inspiration Blog Hop.  


It's time for this month's installment of Keeping Christmas with The Challenge design team!  We will be sharing Christmas creations on the 25th of each month!!!

The whole idea is to have some Christmas cards and projects in our stash all ready to go for December 2018!

So hop along and be sure to visit each blog. 
There is a lot of inspiration and ideas to get your creative juices flowing!













I love retro Christmas lights so I looked through my stamps and decided to use these fun sets by The Stamps Of Life.  Lights4 Christmas and Extra4 Lights.

My card is created on a white card base.  I used a scalloped die to cut the blue and green layers. 
The top white rectangle is cut with a stitched rectangle die.   Using Salty Ocean Distress Ink, I applied ink with  a stencil brush to the background.  I stamped the sentiment with black Memento ink. 



The lights were stamped in the same black ink.  The patterns were stamped in red, green and yellow inks.  I fussy cut the prices and adhered them to the light bases.  I colored the top of the lights with Copic Markers.  I used C1, C3 and C6.  I added Wink of Stella for shine.  I cut a silver glitter strip by hand for the string to hang the lights.  Clear sparkling sequins were added for fun.  This card was so easy to create in the assembly line method and I plan to make a few more for my stash.  It is a happy card and sure to make someone smile! 



I sure hope you enjoyed my cards today!  Thanks for stopping by!  Leave a comment and let me know your thoughts.  I love to hear from you!

The hop is hosted by the fabulous Kelly Lunceford's, so head over there to start from the beginning.

ENJOY the blog hop!  I hope we inspired you to make a few cards, too!

HUGS!
Claire





4 comments:

  1. Oh, those patterned Christmas lights are fantastic! Such a fabulous design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patterned paper Christmas bulbs? Yes, please! How cute! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE these...so clever and so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such fun cards, Claire! Christmas lights are so much fun. I think I need to shop for a set that has them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love every comment. Please come back soon!!