Thursday, January 25, 2018

Keeping Christmas Inspiration Blog Hop---Fa La La "Tis the Season to be Jolly" The Challenge

January 24, 2018

I am honored  to be a part of the Keeping Christmas Inspiration blog hop.  




Happy New Year!! A New Year is always about making promises and commitments to yourself to make changes! So the team and I have decided to do a monthly Keeping Christmas Inspiration Hop! We will be sharing Christmas creations on the 25th of each month!!!

The whole idea is to have some Christmas cards and projects in our stash all ready to go for December 2018!

So hop along and be sure to visit each blog. 
There is a lot of inspiration and ideas to get your creative juices flowing!



















My cards were so much fun to create.  I must admit it is much easier to use an assembly line process to put the cards together.  I started by creating five  watercolor paper panels using a variety of distress inks and water using the smooching method.  I let them dry completely and then went back and added some splatters using the same inks, water and a paint brush and then trimmed each panel with a stitched rectangle die. The card base is a 5 1/2 X 4 1/4 card.  The die cuts the panel 5 1/4 X 4.  It is a stitched rectangle die from SSS. 


I used to shy away from shaker cards because I couldn't get the sequins to stay in the correct area.  Then, I found these circle shaker pouches at MFT.  They made it all so easy!  I cut a circle out of the watercolored panels.  I filled the pouches with sequins and added Scor-Tape to secure the sequins in the pouch using a white circle I cut out with a die.  


I stamped the sentiment "tis the season to be jolly" on the front of the panel using the the Fa La La stamp set by Simon Says Stamp with Memento black ink.  The gold or silver glitter fa la la was cut using the matching dies from SSS.  I added the glitter sentiments with Nuvo Tonic Deluxe Adhesive.  


I used 2 circle frames to die cut the frames to fit around the pouch.  I selected coordinating colors to match the distress inks for the frames.  I used the ornament top die from  Reverse Confetti and cut them with silver and gold foil.  I added gold and silver twine bows with glue dots.  Now, I have five fun cards to add to my pile for next Christmas.  They really were easy to make and look so festive.  

I sure hope you enjoyed my cards today!  Thanks for stopping by!  Leave a comment and let me know your thoughts.  I love to hear from you!

 Now it's time to hop along and check out all the other fabulous posts on the hop. There's sure to be a lot of inspiration and ideas to get your creative juices flowing!  The hop is hosted on the fabulous Kelly Lunceford's blog, so head over there to start from the beginning.

ENJOY the blog hop!  I hope we inspired you to make a few cards, too!

HUGS!
Claire




12 comments:

  1. These are lovely shaker cards in an array of pretty colors. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards, Claire!! Such fun! (Can you add the Keeping Christmas label to your post?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these shaker cards, Claire! I’ve never made a shaker before! The purple background is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, those little shaker ornaments are the cutest! Love your sweet watercolored panels!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 😍😍😍oh my word....these are gorgeous!!! Love, love, LOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great card! I have some of these that I have had for a long time! You have inspired me to get them out and make a card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, Claire! Fabulous, beautiful non-traditional shaker cards! Love the colors and background and everything! I may have to CASE them! Have a great weekend and here's hoping the south is done with snow! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so fun! Love the shaker element. It's so festive and perfect for a holiday card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful set of cards Claire, I love the pretty colours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. All of your shaker cards are so much fun! I love the bright colors you chose for very festive Christmas cards!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What cool shaker cards Claire! Love the non-traditional colors you used with the pink and purple!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love every comment. Please come back soon!!