Sunday, October 9, 2016

Bring on the Boos! --PP316 and FMS 257

October 9, 2016

It's Sunday and time for a new challenge at The Paper Players!

This week the sensational Sandy is our hostess!  She has a fun color challenge for all of us to play along with!  We can't wait to see what you create!  


I am also using the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches.  Jen M. is the hostess this week.  I hope she won't mind that I changed the shape a little on my card. :) 



The base card is white and I cut a piece of Halloween paper with spider webs all over it with a stitched rectangle die.  I thought the pumpkin pie color and black was perfect for my background.  I just received this Martini Lady stamp set from So Suzy Stamps.  I LOL'd  when I first saw it.  My dear friend LOVES martini's.  I knew I had to make a card for her using this set.  I thought the off set rectangle gave her more pizzazz!  I used a retired SU stamp set called "Making Spirits Bright" to stamp the Halloween martini!  The eyeball really sets it off, don't you think?  I colored it with a Wild Wasabi marker.  It is the only place I use this color, but I felt it worked perfectly.  I fussy cut the glass and added it to my "martini girl's " hand.  I used Wink of Stella to make it shine.  The sentiment is from the same set.  I added pearls on her necklace!  All "southern" girls wear pearls.  LOL!




So happy you stopped by my blog today!  Please leave a message!  I love to hear from you!  

Don't forget to check out the fabulous inspirations from our design team and I hope that you will play along with our challenge this week.

The Paper Players Design Team

Challenge Rules:

 Create a NEW paper, or digital, project.
  1. Upload your creation to your blog with a link back to us. 
  2. Please provide a direct link to the post featuring your challenge entry.
  3. Please link your card to no more than four challenges, TOTAL.  Entries linked to more than 3 challenges, including ours, will be deleted without notification!
  4. Have fun!


All stamping products are welcome! Thank you for joining the Paper Players this week.  

Have a wonderful week!
XXX,
Claire

14 comments:

  1. This is genius! So elegant, so pretty. But wait! Is that an eyeball I see? Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is REALLY awesome, Claire! I love the tongue in cheek humor! This one is for sure the classiest Halloween card I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is REALLY awesome, Claire! I love the tongue in cheek humor! This one is for sure the classiest Halloween card I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is so much fun! I love everything about it! Someone else I know like a martini now and then! 🍸

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL...so cute and FUN! I love that pearl necklace...such creative details.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL....an elegant card at first glance...then I saw the detail in that martini!!! Funny and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness,Claire, this is fabulous! Love that spider web paper and it really goes with the Victorian look of the silhouette. The eyeball and sentiment really make it. I think I know a gal who loves her martinis too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a clever card! Love the creepy martini glass with the elegant lady in the pearl necklace. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Claire this is such a cool card! Love the background, the angle of the white panel, the pearls, everything!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha, how fun is that sentiment!! Terrific card Claire!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it Claire - spooky and elegant at the same time! I just love the eyeball in the martini!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Claire - what a great take on the challenge and how you incorporated the colors. The silhouette with the spooky background makes me think of how elegant halloween must have been back then. I can imagine the woman all dressed up, hair done, pearls, drinking cocktails and dishing out halloween candy. thanks for taking me on a trip down (in my own mind at least) memory lane :-)
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is amazing! Love how you used So Suzy's martini girl for a Halloween card :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Claire, you are just too creative! This is super cool, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love every comment. Please come back soon!!