Monday, October 5, 2015

Silent Night-CASEing Christmas

October 5, 2015

It's time for a new challenge at CASEing Christmas!  

This month we are going to CASE a lovely card by Asha!  I loved this gorgeous card. We can't wait to see what inspires!  





I just kept looking at the beautiful distressed sky and the lovely church, so I went with those objects to create my card.




My base card is white.  (5 1/2 X 4 1/4)  The next layer is Night of Navy. (5 1/4 X 4)   I started by stamping the snowflakes on watercolor paper with Versa Fine ink and heat embossing them with white embossing powder.  Then, I used Broken China, Seedless Preserves and Blueprint Distress inks with a blending tool to create the sky.  The church was stamped on Neenah White Paper and colored with Copic Markers.  I added Marvy Snow Maker pen and heat embossed it to make the snow.  I just LOVE this pen!  





Snowdrifts were created using the Lawn Fawn hillside dies.  I added some Copic Marker on the edges.  Foam tape was added behind the drifts.  Rhinestones were added to the snowflakes for extra bling.  


Thank you for stopping by my blog today.  Please leave a comment and let me know your thoughts.  I love to hear from you!

Don't forget to stop by all the blogs for each Design Team  member for lots of inspiration!


Hugs!
Claire





5 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS, Claire!!! I LOVE the textured AND die cut snow--and your colors are all so beautiful! LOVE this stunning creation! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! That Snow Maker pen looks like fun ... just love the effect. Background is beautifully done.
    Blessings,
    Belinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Claire! Love the snowfall on your church. Beautiful snow scene you created. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ....All is calm - all is bright! - such a peaceful scene!
    Hugs, Rosi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, Claire! LOVE the night sky and the puffy snow on the roof tops. Thanks for sharing your stunning take on my card!
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love every comment. Please come back soon!!