Sunday, August 13, 2023

Witch Please The Paper Players Challenge PP653

 August 13, 2023

It's Sunday and time for a new challenge at The Paper Players.  

The Amazing Anne Marie is our hostess this week and she has a beautiful color challenge  for all of us!  It is always so fun to see all the fabulous entries with color combos.  I had to put a lot of thought into this one.  I didn't want to do flowers, so I decided Halloween is coming, I would go that direction. 


I used black as my neutral and background on my card.  I used a watercolor paper panel and smooched Blackberry Bliss and water to create this background.  I kept spraying it with water and used a paper towel to make water spots.  I then flicked black ink splatters on it.  The moon is created using Daffodil Delight card stock.  I used a sponge and blended Sweet Sorbet and Blackberry Bliss to create a spooky moon.  The witch is stamped in black using the SSS  Witch Please and the sentiment is Calypso Coral and Daffodil Delight using the die Witch Please Die.  I added Wink of Stella on the Witch for shine and some black enamel dots. 


  1. Please provide a direct link to the post featuring your challenge entry.
  2. Please link your card to no more than four challenges, TOTAL, including ours
  3. Please be considerate of our requests; entries that do not follow any of these rules will be deleted without notification.
  4. Have fun, and thank you for playing with us!

Don't forget to check out all the amazing projects from the Design Teams.  



The Paper Players Design Team

              Claire Broadwater  That's me

Thanks for stopping by my blog today.  Please leave a comment and let me know your thoughts!

Hugs!
Claire

7 comments:

  1. Claire, I hadn't thought of these colors for Halloween but they are perfect and your with is everything! Fabulous card, my friend
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, Claire! I am so in love with your witchy card. What an amazing way to showcase these colors! You nailed it, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun to make a Halloween card with these colors--they're perfect! Your backgrounds are amazing and they fit that witchy diecut to a "t"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm delighted to see Halloween cards starting to show up, Claire! It's my favorite "holiday" for cardmaking. I love that you used the deep purple as the background - great card!
    Xoxo, Fran

    ReplyDelete
  5. Witch, please! That die is right up my alley, I love it. Halloween was such a great choice for these colors. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Halloween is my favorite and you sure made a fun card, Claire! The sentiment just makes me smile, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous Claire! The intensity of the colours is amazing. I would never have thought to make a Halloween card with these colours but it is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love every comment. Please come back soon!!