Sunday, September 13, 2020

Happy Birthday Paper Players Challenge PP508

Sept. 13, 2020

It's Sunday and time for a new challenge at The Paper Players!

The fabulous Anne Marie is our hostess this week and she has an amazing color challenge for all of us!  I must admit, this caused me some stress, but I finally decided what I wanted to do and I love this bold palette.  We can't wait to see what you create. 






This card was created for my Mommy!  She turned 92 last week.  The background layer is Pretty Peacock.  The next panel is embossed with the striped embossing folder.  I love these leaves and I used the Vintage Stamps from SU again this week.  I used the Cajun Craze and Blackberry Bliss inks to create a watercolored panel.  I then used Versa Mark ink to stamp the leaves.  I heat embossed them in gold embossing powder.  I used the matching dies to cut them out.  I added a twine bow and heat embossed the sentiment.  


  1. Create a new paper-craft project specifically for this challenge.
  2. Upload your creation to your blog with a link back to us.
  3. Please provide a direct link to the post featuring your challenge entry.
  4. Please link your card to no more than four challenges, TOTAL, including ours
  5. Please be considerate of our requests; entries that do not follow any of these rules will be deleted without notification.
  6. Have fun, and thank you for playing with us!

Don't forget to check out all the amazing projects from the Design Team.  

The Paper Players Design Team
Claire Broadwater
 Jaydee
Laurie Schmidt
LeAnne Pugliese
Anne Marie Hile
Ann Schach
Allisa Steinlicht
Mary Deatherage
Stef Perry

Thanks for stopping by my blog today.  Please leave a comment and let me know your thoughts! 

HUGS!
Claire

9 comments:

  1. These colors made me pause for a minute too, but your watercolored gold-embossed leaves are just beautiful! I love the subtle stripes on the background as well! I hope your mama had a good birthday and enjoyed this card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That gold embossing is just gorgeous Claire!! It's stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE what you did with these colors, Claire! Those gold embossed leaves are just stunning and the embossed panel beneath them looks fabulous! I hope your Mother had as wonderful a birthday as possible given the pandemic and all that, and especially since every year for someone over 90 is a BIG DEAL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful embossed leaves, Claire! Really wonderful with these Fall colors. I know your Mom loved it! And...Happy Birthday to her! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning, Claire! The gold embossed leaves steal the show for sure. Happy birthday to your mother! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Claire, I just love the watercolored detail and gold embossing on the leaves. Such beautiful detail! I'm sure your Mom loved it as well and I hope she enjoyed her special day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Claire... 92! what a gorgeous card to celebrate such a milestone. I love the textured background and those leaves are EVERYTHING. They are just gorgeous. I also love the layered sentiment and the twine bow is the perfect finishing touch. I bet your mom LOVED this work of art.
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your tied leaves are stunning Claire - so much colour and the detailing adds a real feeling of texture too. I'm sure your Mum will love it - happy birthday wishes to her!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So love the gold embossing! Perfect for a fall birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love every comment. Please come back soon!!