Sunday, August 9, 2020

Congrats on Your New Home Paper Players Challenge PP503



August 9, 2020

It's Sunday and time for a new challenge at The Paper Players!

The amazing Joanne is our hostess this week and she has a bright, vibrant color challenge for all of us.  



Now, I must admit I love bold colors, but this combo threw me for a loop.  I needed a card for a couple that just purchased a new home, so I thought I would give it a try.  She is an artist so,  hmmmm---whimsical might be a fun way to go.  I layered Night of Navy and Pool Party on top of a white card base.  I added a piece of watercolored paper that I stenciled using a Tim Holtz sunhine and Distress inks.  I combined a yellow and peach to make the Mango Melody.  I used the stamp set Doddle Buds by WPlus9 for the flowers, leaves and stitch marks.  I colored the flowers with Copic Markers and cut them out with the matching dies.  The sign was stamped using the Welcome Home stamp set by Neat and Tangled Stamps.  I cut it out with the matching die.  A little Wink of Stella was added to the flowers and leaves for shine.  I ended up loving the color combo and hope you do, too!  Have fun and we can't wait to see what you create!



  1. Create a new paper-craft project specifically for this challenge.
  2. Upload your creation to your blog with a link back to us.
  3. Please provide a direct link to the post featuring your challenge entry.
  4. Please link your card to no more than four challenges, TOTAL, including ours
  5. Please be considerate of our requests; entries that do not follow any of these rules will be deleted without notification.
  6. Have fun, and thank you for playing with us!

Don't forget to check out all the amazing projects from the Design Team.  

The Paper Players Design Team
Claire Broadwater
 Jaydee
Laurie Schmidt
LeAnne Pugliese
Anne Marie Hile
Ann Schach
Allisa Steinlicht
Mary Deatherage
Stef Perry

Thanks for stopping by my blog today.  Please leave a comment and let me know your thoughts! 

HUGS!
Claire

9 comments:

  1. Fun and whimsical...you hit the nail on the head! LOVE how you used this color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your bold take on the colors is fabulous! Love the you combined these elements. Those quirky blooms are among my favorites. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love this card! What a fun way to congratulate the couple on their new home...big and bright and fun! You nailed these colors! Those flowers are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh - this is a super fun card for an artistic new home-owner! She's going to love it and get the biggest smile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A bright and happy card for a very happy moment for your friends! I love the whimsy of those flowers and the sun rays stenciled in the background. You used these colors to perfection, Claire!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bold, bright and beautiful - way to go Claire! This is fabulous and I'm sure your artistic friend will love displaying it in her new home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card just blows me away, Claire! I LOVE the bright colors. I am sure your artist friend will LOVE it, too. It has that awesome, artsy, graphic vibe to it. Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did an awesome job with the bright colors! I so love the sun rays behind the sold sign.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Claire, I think this card is just perfect for an artist and I bet she loved it. There is so much to love about it, from the whimsical flowers to the sunrays to the sign1! Wonderful use of the colors
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love every comment. Please come back soon!!