Saturday, August 25, 2018

Merry Christmas to My Deer Friend Keeping Christmas

August 25, 2018

WOW!  4 months until Christmas!  Time to get started on your stash!

I am honored to be a part of the Keeping Christmas Inspiration Blog Hop.  


It's time for this month's installment of Keeping Christmas with The Challenge Design Team!  We will be sharing Christmas creations on the 25th of each month!!!



The whole idea is to have some Christmas cards and projects in our stash ready to go for December 2018!

So hop along and be sure to visit each blog. 
There is a lot of inspiration and ideas to get your creative juices flowing!

Lesley Croghan (off this month)
Nina Forsyth  (off this month)





Any one that knows me, knows I LOVE hippos.  When I saw this one at LaLaLand Stamps, I knew I had to have it!  The name of the set is Deck the Halls.  I stamped the hippos on Neenah Solar White with Memento black ink. I cut them out with my Scan N Cut machine.  I colored them with Copic Markers.  


I created the little houses using the Build-A-House die.  I made one in pink and one in green and alternated the windows on each house.  The background is created using a snow embossing folder.  I used border dies to create the snow banks and distressed the edges with ink.  



The sentiment is from the same stamp set.  I added Wink of Stella for shine. 

I hope my hippos made you smile!  


Thanks for stopping by!  Leave a comment and let me know your thoughts.  I love to hear from you!

The hop is hosted by the fabulous Kelly Lunceford's blog, so head over there to start from the beginning.

ENJOY the blog hop!  I hope we inspired you to make a few cards, too!

HUGS!
Claire

7 comments:

  1. Oh, Claire! These are just as sweet as can be! What darling images! Sooooo cute!❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute, Claire! They totally made me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one super cute hippo, Claire! I love your bright and cheery houses too, very fun cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just too darn cute...love your sweet holiday hippo decked out in reindeer ears! And your snowflakes background is so amazing! simply fabulous card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! These are adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love every comment. Please come back soon!!