Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Sending A Whole Lot Of Love Your Way-- NBUS Challenge #8

January 18, 2017

I am so excited to make a card to link to Darnell's NBUS challenge!

I found her blog a few years ago, and I LOL every time I read it.  Not only is she talented, but her writing brings such pleasure to many of us in the card making world.  She is warm, vibrant and very supportive to all card makers!  She encourages us with her warm comments and wit!  BIG HUGS, Darnell!  XX



The NBUS challenge is so much fun for many reasons.  She requires that you use "Never Before Used Stamps-Stuff"!  We all buy things that we never seem to find time to use.  But, this time, she has a theme to go along with the challenge.


Well, this was a challenge for me.  I am so glad she asked us to step out of the box.  I loved coloring with colored pencils on Kraft.  It was my first attempt and I really enjoyed the process.  Now, I know I will do this again!  



I just received this stamp set Heart Bouquet from My Favorite Things the other day.  I was so excited to ink it up.  I trimmed my Kraft paper with a stitched rectangle die and stamped the image with Memento Black Ink.  I had a variety of colored pencils in a container and pulled them out.  I added Wink of Stella on the hearts and her black Mary Jane's.  She makes me smile!



                           Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!  

Don't forget to stop by Darnell's blog and check out all the wonderful inspiration. 

HUGS!
Claire

7 comments:

  1. This is lovely Claire, such a sweet image : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your image is so adorable and beautifully colored! Love this CAS card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big hugs back, Claire! Your little darlin' looks sensational colored with pencils on kraft! What fun for me that you hadn't tried this technique before either! You are a natural with it, so I'm glad to hear you will do it again! Thank you so much for your sweet compliments and for playing in my NBUS Challenge #8! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card and sweet image. Great job coloring on kraft.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a wonderful card. Love the image and your colouring too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love every comment. Please come back soon!!