Monday, September 14, 2015

Amazing Friendship--The Challenge #42

September 14, 2015

It's Monday and time for a new color challenge at Always Playing With Paper --The Challenge!  I absolutely love the wonderful inspiration photo/color combo we have for you this week!  We are so excited to see what you create!



Just a few things to do:


1. Use the challenge to create a card.
2. Please add the challenge photo to your post (copy and paste).
3. Have fun and comment on the submissions of others.
4. Anything that is offensive to myself or to my viewers will be removed.
5. Have fun.



My base card is white.  (5 1/2 X 4 1/4) The next layer is created on white watercolor paper.  I inked the Stampin' Up! Brushstroke Background stamp with two colors of Distress Inks from Tim Holtz (Cracked Pistachio and Peacock Feathers.  I used my distress tool to rough up the edges and applied Gathered Twigs Distress ink with a blending tool on the edges.  


The beautiful roses were created using Altenew's Vintage Flowers  stamp set.  I used three colors of ink to make them.  (Real Red, Rose Red and Pink Pirouette) 
I used the same distress inks on the leaves as I did on the background.  I cut them all out using the matching dies.  My "Friendship" sentiment from WPlus9 Hope Seed Co. was stamped in Gathered Twigs and heat embossed with cleared embossing powder.  The "Amazing" sentiment is from Avery Elle dies.  I cut it out five times using Early Expresso card stock and glued them together.  Wink of Stella was added on top for shine.  I also added Wink of Stella on the flowers and a few droplets of Glossy Accents for water droplets on the flowers.  It is difficult to see in the photos.  



Thank you very much for stopping by my blog today!  I love to hear from you, so please leave a comment!  


Be sure to stop by The Challenge to see all fabulous projects by the Design Team members cards!  

Have a wonderful week!  


Hugs!

Claire



5 comments:

  1. I have the vintage rose set too and I absolutely love it! Those blooms are beautiful and look amazing on your vintage card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love the distressed background you created for the pretty blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you really nailed this challenge, Claire! Just beautiful and I love the stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. Love the take on the inspiration photo, so very pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulously gorgeous, Claire! Love the background you created!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love every comment. Please come back soon!!