Monday, June 1, 2015

Our Birthdays Are Feathers in the Broad Wing of Time--The Challenge #37

June 1, 2015

WOW!  How did it get to be June already?  Time is flying by!  We are almost half way through the year. That is so hard to believe!!!  YIKES!!!!!

It's time for a new sketch challenge at Always Playing With Paper--The Challenge!  We can't wait to see your interpretations of this amazing sketch!  


                                                      

1. Use the challenge to create a card.
2. Please add the challenge photo to your post (copy and paste).
3. Have fun and comment on the submissions of others.
4. Anything that is offensive to myself or to my viewers will be removed.
5. Have fun.


The first thing I did to create my card was make the feathers.  I stamped one with Rich Razzleberry ink and one with Island Indigo ink.  The other four were made by coloring the stamp with both colors of markers and spraying them with water before I stamped them.  It created a water colored look.  I love the way they turned out.  I used the matching die to cut them out.  


I used the Gorgeous Grunge stamp from Stampin' Up! to create a background with Rich Razzleberry and Island Indigo.  I added a strip of Bohemian DSP (available June 2nd) on top of the base card.  I cut a rectangle of vellum and stamped the sentiment from Clearly Besotted-Fancy Feathers with Versa Mark black ink and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder.  



I adhered the vellum with glue dots and attached the feathers with dimensionals.  I added linen thread in the button and made a thread bow to attach to the feather.

I made this card for my nephew, Austin.  He is a birder and I think he will love this card.  

I am so happy you stopped by my blog today!  Please leave a message and let me hear from you!  

Please stop by all the other blogs by the Design Team members!  They are just so amazingly talented!!!





Until next time!

Hugs!
Claire



7 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! I love those gorgeous feathers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the feathers, they are very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very regal looking, Claire! Love all of the texture you created. Lovely!
    Happy belated birthday, too! Hope it was marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is just lovely Claire - the colours and feather fan, with the perfect sentiment. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love every comment. Please come back soon!!