Saturday, November 1, 2014

There's No Happy Like Holiday Happy--Week 3-Create With Connie & Mary's Blog Hop

November 1, 2014

Welcome to Week 3 of the Create With Connie & Mary Holiday Blog Hop! 

It has been so much fun the last few weeks seeing all the fabulous Christmas/Holiday cards!  I hope you will enjoy this week's cards and find some fantastic ideas for all of your holiday cards!  


You should have arrived on my blog from the amazingly talented, Bronwyn Eastley's blog: http://addinktivedesigns.blogspot.ca/2014/11/a-luminary-card-for-create-with-connie.html

This week my card is a fancy fold card.  I am not sure the name of this fold, but I loved the way it turned out.  I will be using this idea for lots of other creations in the future.  



Cut all of these pieces first:

Base Card:  Whisper White (5 1/2" X 4 1/4")
Whisper White Flap (6 1/4" X 3 1/4")  Score at 2"

3 Strips of Designer Series Paper-"Trim the Tree" 
Bottom Piece (2 1/2" X 4 1/4")
Middle Piece (1" X 4 1/4")
Top Piece (2 3/4" X 4 1/4")

Basic Black (2 1/2" X 1 1/2") 
Cherry Cobbler (2 1/2" X 3 1/4")
Basic Black (2 1/4" X 3")

2 - Basic Black Dotted Scalloped Punched strips 4 1/4" long

Using Versa Mark stamp the front sentiment on the Basic Black piece (2 1/4" X 3") and the inside sentiment on the Basic Black (2 1/2" X 1 1/2").  Heat emboss after applying White Stampin' Up! Embossing Powder.

You are now ready to assemble your card.
Attach the bottom piece of DSP to the front of the Whisper White base.  Adhere one of the black scalloped pieces on top of this section.

Next, adhere the middle strip.  I covered half of the black scallop piece.

Adhere the top section next.  Then use Snail Adhesive to attach the white flap.  Attach the other Basic Black Scallop piece on top of white flap to cover the seam.

Using the circle in the wooden elements, I punched a 1 1/4" circle out of the DSP to adhere to the top.  It looks like a big button.  I used a piece of Gumball Green ribbon (retired) and made a small bow and adhered it with a glue dot for more color.  This will hold the white flap in place.  I completed my card with 2 Gumball Green Candy Dots.



I am leaving the inside blank in order to write a personal note to the recipient.  I love the way the little greeting is inside the flap on the front.  It's like getting a "bonus" section in the card!

If you have any questions on my card, please email me at: Claire.

Please leave a comment, I love to hear from you!  

Your next stop on the blog hop is: Amy White.  

http://whitehousestamping.blogspot.com/2014/11/hello-welcome-create-with-connie-mary.html  

I can't wait to see what she is sharing this week!   


DON'T FORGET!!! 


                                 Have a wonderful weekend!  

                                        Happy Stampin'!

5 comments:

  1. Love your card!! The chalk board technique is perfect with that stamp!! The fancy fold is a great idea, I haven't tried this style yet, but I'm inspired to now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is awesome! way to think out of the box I will be casing this for sure! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty neat card fold Claire and love the layers you added! Love the button!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your chalk board flip fold card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, too, love the chalkboard look on the front...and the fun fold! What a special treat for someone to open!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love every comment. Please come back soon!!