Sunday, July 6, 2014

A Million & One Thanks!- FMS167

July 6, 2014

Today is a quiet day at my house.  We had to clean out the garage before the painters come and I swear, my front porch looks like the Beverly Hillbillies live here.  Good day to hide out in my craft room after all that work this morning.  The trouble is, I am so tired, I really think a nap sounds fabulous!

I hope your holiday weekend was wonderful and you were able to find time to do something your truly enjoy!

The Friday Mashup Challenge intrigued me this week.  It calls for a "Watercolor Wash" and a CAS card.  CAS--clean and simple with minimal layers----Ohhhh that is a tough one for me.  I love lots of layers.  I have really wanted to try the watercolor thing for a while, so I bought some distress inks and played around for quite a while.  I absolutely loved it!  It was so fun!  I made several different sheets of background watercolored paper and chose this one because it looked fantastic with my favorite "Tempting Turquoise" paper.  I hope you will enjoy my card!  












Products: 




Please let me know what you think of my first attempt with watercolors!  I love to hear from you!

Also, please join my email list to get all my updates!

Wishing you a Super Sunday!

Happy Stampin'!
Claire

8 comments:

  1. Your inking on that background is simply gorgeous Claire! I think you've nailed the watercolor look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Sherrie! I love doing the watercolor backgrounds! XX

      Delete
  2. Wow, Claire, this is beautiful! Love how your water color wash turned out and the butterflies are so fun! Thanks for playing with us at the Friday Mashup.
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Sara! It was such a fun card to create! Always nice to hear from you! XX

      Delete
  3. Terrific layout and I just love the colors you used! The white embossed sentiment is just perfect against the background!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Lisa! So nice of you to comment on my card! Love the Mashup! XX

      Delete
  4. Claire, this is a wonderful watercolor technique card. The blended colors are so lovely and how clever to accent the butterflies with the colors! TFS with the Friday Mashup this week:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Cindy! I always love to hear from you! You make me smile! XX

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love every comment. Please come back soon!!