Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Hello Friend!--FM165

June 24, 2014

I started my day with a few hours of tennis.  I did not play for 3 weeks, so it was fun to get back on the court and see some dear friends!

My card today is for the Friday Mashup Challenge.  The challenge was to make a black/white or ivory card with one other colors and mash it up with a word bubble.  I love black and white cards with a splash of color so, I had fun making my card.  I used a Tim Holtz stamp today.  I LOVE old typewriters and have been searching for one to buy for quite a while.  I want one that still types and is in good shape.  They are hard to come by.  If you see one , let me know!  I hope you enjoy my card!









Stampin' Up! Products:

Paper:  Whisper White, Pacific Point, Kaleidoscope Designer Series Paper,Basic Black

Ink:  Staz On Black

Stamps:  Tim Holtz

Tools:  Stampin' Trimmer, Snail Adhesive, Big Shot Cutting Machine, Window Frames Collection Framelits, Envelope Framelits, Word Bubbles Framelits, Sponge Dauber, Stampin Dimensionals

Embellishment:  Pacific Point Candy Dots

Please leave a comment and let me know what you think of my vintage card.  I love to hear from you!!!!

Hoping for some rain today!

Happy Stampin'!
Claire

6 comments:

  1. LOVE the smudgy sponging, Claire- so reminiscent of old typewriters- great detail! I just got Tap, Tap, Tap and can't wait to ink it up:) Thanks for playing with the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cindy! Yes, remember how messy old typewriter ribbons were! You get it! I want Tap, Tap, Tap, but already own this typewriter. We will see----XX

      Delete
  2. I just love that pop of blue, its very striking! Terrific job mashing up the challenge with this great card, Claire!

    Thanks for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Lisa! It was such a fun card to create! XX

      Delete
  3. This is a lovely card, Claire. I like the antique look of it with the pop of bright blue. The diagonal stripes really make it stand out too. Thanks for playing with us at The Friday Mashup.
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Sara! I love antique things. So nice of you to comment on my card! XX

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love every comment. Please come back soon!!