Monday, May 19, 2014

Wish Big STS #20

May 19, 2014

Wishing my son, Joe and bonus daughter, Niki a very HAPPY sixth wedding anniversary today!  

I was thinking about Memorial Day rapidly approaching and it made me think of all the wonderful blessings in our lives.  I am so thankful for all the courageous men and women that gave their lives in order for us to live in America!  This card is in honor of everyone that has served or is serving our country.  My son is in the Coast Guard Reserves and I am proud of his service!  God Bless America!

This fabulous sketch from Seize the Sketch is perfect for my card.  The Design Team rocked the samples and Lee Ann and Rose must have been thinking a lot like me when they created their cards.  That is the greatest part of card making--how it can be changed in so many way!  I hope you enjoy my card today! 







Stampin' Up Products:

Paper:  Very Vanilla

Ink:  Night of Navy

Stamp Set:  Word Play

Tools:  Stampin' Trimmer, Snail Adhesive, Big Shot Cutting Machine, Star Framelits, Window Frames Collection Framelits, Glue Dots, Stampin' Dimensionals

Authentique Collection Paper:  Pride

Embellishment:  Candy Dots, Blue Twine

Please leave a comment and let me know your thoughts.  I love to hear from you!

Join my website to get updates, too!  Thank you!

Wishing you a Marvelous Monday!

Happy Stampin!
Claire

14 comments:

  1. Such a great card and the twine under the star is awesome. Patriotic for sure! Thank you for joining us at Seize the Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Lesley! It is great to hear from you! XX

      Delete
  2. Fantastic card, Claire! Yes, we must have all been on the same wavelength, or channeling our inner stars, or something! :) Love your use of all of those stars and that is one of my all time favorite sentiments from SU! So sorry that it has retired. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Seize the Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Lee Ann! Yes, great minds think alike! :)) I love all my stamps. I use them even if they are retired. I loved hearing from you! XX

      Delete
  3. Such a fun card Claire! Lovin' all the stars and embossed panel! Thanks for joining along with Seize The Sketch ~ please feel free to visit my blog: http://cupcakescreations.blogspot.com/ :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mona! SO nice to hear from you! I do love your blog! Thanks for the kind comment on my card! XX

      Delete
  4. What a delightful, original interpretation of the sketch, Claire. Love the big sentiment as the focal point, and those raised stars are FAB!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Marie for your sweet comment on my card! XX

      Delete
  5. This is just fabulous! I love the colours - and the stars - and those candy dots are perfection :) Thanks so much for coming to play with us at Seize the Sketch, Claire!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Jessi! It is so kind of your to comment on my card! XX

      Delete
  6. What a great card! Perfect for a summer birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much!!!! So great to hear from you!! XX

      Delete
  7. Fabulous patriotic inspired design! Love all the star elements you incorporated into the card. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Lori! I am so glad to hear from you! XX

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love every comment. Please come back soon!!