Sunday, February 2, 2014

Thank You-Black Magic FM 145

February 2, 2014

Today is Groundhog's Day and Super Bowl Sunday!  I am excited to watch the game and the commercials.  I will be cheering for Peyton!

I have had a lot of time to visit blogs and watch tutorials on card making techniques since my knee replacement surgery.  I found a technique on Splitcoast Stampers that I have never heard of or rarely seen used.  It is called Black Magic.  I thought I would give it a try.  It reminds me of those Black Tole Trays you see in antique stores.  I always found them interesting.  I am adding the link if you are interested in learning this technique.  ENJOY!  Thank you to Wendy Weixler for sharing this tutorial!             http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/blackmagic/

                                    I am using the sketch challenge from The Friday Mashup for my card!  I love this sketch and I will use it again!  You could mash it up with some sponging and I did sponge a little white ink around the flower. 

                                                              

                                             





Stampin' Up! Products:

Paper:  Basic Black, Witches Brew Designer Series Paper (Retired), Very Vanilla

Ink:  White Pigment

Stamp Sets:  Blooming With Kindness,  Gifts of Kindness

Tools:  Stampin' Trimmer, Snail Adhesive, Big Shot Cutting Machine, Envelope Liner Framelit,
Colored Pencils, Window Punch, White Pen, Sponge

Embellishment:  Rhinestones

Enjoy this special day! Hope you are spending it with family and friends!

Please leave a comment and let me know your thoughts on Black Magic!
Join my email list for all my updates.

Happy Stampin!
Claire


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful, beautiful coloring! You did a great job! Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heidi! Thank you so much! Coloring is still one of my favorite activities! It is such good therapy! X

      Delete
  2. Wow! I love the bright colors you've used along with the black on your card. The colors really pop! Thanks for playing with us at the Friday Mashup.
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sara! Thank you very much for your kind compliment on my card!!!! It was fun to make!
      Love your challenges at the Friday Mashup! X

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love every comment. Please come back soon!!