Monday, November 25, 2013

The Perfect Bow FMS 113

November 25, 2013

I am scurrying around like a deer in the head lights this morning.  I am so excited.  My Mommy is coming this afternoon for a week.  It will be so wonderful to be with her!  We will cook, eat, laugh and make wonderful memories.  We lost My Daddy two years ago, so holidays are still hard for all of us.  Being together helps ease the pain.  We miss him so much!  He loved Thanksgiving!  It was his favorite holiday.  I carry on the tradition.  To me it is all about family, food and fun!  No hassles of gift giving or worrying about the wrong issues.  By the way, my Mom is the BEST pie maker in the Mid-West.  I have tried and tried to make that crust just like hers, but it is never the same!  Pumpkin, pecan, apple, cherry, sugar cream--- you name it, she can make it!  It is always the highlight of Thanksgiving for all of us!

The Freshly Made Sketches Challenge this week was awesome.  I just had to create a card before the deadline.  I have a few hours to spare.  I love the simplicity of the sketch and my card is clean a simple, except for the bow.  My family knows, I LOVE BIG BOWS!!!!!!!!!!!  It doesn't matter the size of the gift, it always gets a BIG BOW!
                                                    
 I really struggled getting good pictures this morning.  I could not find a spot without shadows!  :(  This time of year is difficult for picture taking.  I could use some photography lessons!  I am not sure the pictures do the fun gift wrapping paper justice.  It has a raised texture and I just loved the look, colors and feel of the paper. 





Stampin' Up Products:

Paper:  Soft Sky, Very Vanilla    (The gift paper and stripes is a Bo Bunny Paper that I found in my paper stash)

Ink:  Red Riding Hood, Soft Sky

Stamp Set: Christmas Messages  (Merry Christmas--in my stash)

Tools:  Stampin' Trimmer, Snail Adhesive, Big Bows Die Cut, Glue Dots

Wishing you a fabulous day and wonderful holiday week!
Happy Stampin!
Claire

2 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty card! I love your choice of papers and that gorgeous paper bow! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Cindy! I appreciate your kind comments!!

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love every comment. Please come back soon!!