Thursday, November 14, 2013

I LOVE Santa! Merry Monday #83

November 14, 2013
                                       

My day is super busy, but I wanted to post a card for the Merry Monday Christmas Challenge and the Freshly Made Sketch Challenge.  I am hosting Book Club today and really should be getting things prepared, but you know priorities get in the way!

I LOVE both  challenges this week!  Red, Chocolate, Stripes and Hearts or Stars!  I was able to cover all the requests!  The simplicity of the sketch from FMS was perfect!  This card describes me well, because I DO love Santa I have been collecting Santa's for years.  I can't wait to get them all out and look at their jolly faces every day!  ENJOY!







                                                                        
                          
                                                                           


 
Stampin' Up! Products:

Paper:  Early Expresso, Red Riding Hood (Retired) Whisper White and a piece of BoBunny for the stripes

Ink:  Versa Mark

Stamp Set: Very Merry Tags

Tools:  Stampin' Trimmer, Snail Adhesive, Big Shot Cutting Machine, Stars Embossing Folder (not SU), Scallop Circle Punch, Petite Curly Label Punch, Stampin Dimensionals, Early Expresso Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Heat Buddy, Real Red Marker

Embellishments:  Baker's Twine, Natural Buttons
 
 Have a wonderful day!  Thanks for visiting my blog.  Let me know what you think!  I enjoy reading your comments!  Don't forget to buy your Stampin Up Products  online at: www.clairecreatescards.stampinup.net

Happy  Stampin!
Claire

20 comments:

  1. beautiful card
    the background is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card, I love the textured background. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Nina! I appreciate your kind comment!

      Delete
  3. How fun, Claire! Love that embossing folder and the sweet, simple layout! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Bonnie! So nice to hear from you!

      Delete
  4. Love how you combined both challenges! Really cute sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Claire! Fun colour combination! Love that embossed background! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Claire. Creative way to include the stripes and stars part of the challenge. This is so fun and full of texture from your embossing and layering. Fabulous design! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Loll! I sure appreciate your kind comments!

      Delete
  7. Great card, Claire! That little I heart Santa stamp is adorable, as is your star embossed background. Thanks so much for joining us at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Karren! I appreciate hearing from you!

      Delete
  8. How cute! That little sentiment is adorable, but the STARS in the background----oh my, I love them! Thanks for playing with us at Merry Monday this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, LeAnne! Always great to receive a compliment from you!

      Delete
  9. Claire, thank you for your sweet comment on my blog...at first I thought those colors were strange...brown for Christmas? But I really do love that combo now and your card is just as nice! Love your background embossed paper! I collect Santa's and snowmen...so your later card with the snowmen on top of each other is so darn cute too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Colleen! It was so nice of you to comment!

      Delete
  10. So cute, Claire. Love the stars in the background, I need an embossing folder like that! Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Lesley! I have it that folder for a while and never used it! It was perfect for this card. :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love every comment. Please come back soon!!