Sunday, August 25, 2024

Witch Way to the Candy? The Paper Players Challenge PP704

August 25, 2025

It's Sunday and time for a new challenge at The Paper Players.

The amazing Jaydee is our hostess this week and she has a fun Sketch Challenge for all of us!  I love this sketch and the possibilities are endless!  Have fun and get creative! 




I love to make Halloween cards so, I decided to get busy on my stash for this Fall.  I cut a square card base-5 x 5 and added a piece of Old Olive that I embossed and added black ink with a sponge.  The DSP was in my stash.  The witch hat die is from Spellbinders.  I paper pieced the shoes and the legs and hat band.  I used black glitter paper for the hat.  You know I love shoes so, I added the polka dots --it's always about the shoes.  The sentiment is stamped on grape paper and I inked the edges.  Gold sequins were added for fun and shine.


For more inspiration, be sure to visit the rest of The Paper Players Design Team:



Thanks for stopping by my blog today.  Please leave a comment and let me know your thoughts!

Hugs!

Claire

4 comments:

  1. What a "bewitching" card, Claire! With her glittery hat, purple striped tights, and dotted shoes, this witch is stylin'! The embossed panel oozes texture, while the sequins are the perfect embellishments! LOVE it! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The distressing with black ink adds a suitably spooky touch to the embossing. The shoes are great - but it's the belt/hatband and those wonderful tights that are the scene-stealers for me. I'm already thinking of the Addams family, just looking at this great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love your fabulous Halloween card, Claire! The background is terrific with the distressed embossing and chandelier dsp, and the witch hat, with her legs sticking out makes the card so fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love every comment. Please come back soon!!