Sunday, May 26, 2024

With Brave Wings She Flies The Paper Players Challenge PP691

May 26, 2024

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND!
I hope you take time to reflect on the real meaning of this holiday!  I am forever grateful for all those that gave it all for me!  

It's Sunday and time for a new challenge at The Paper Players.  

I am the hostess this week and I created a fun sketch challenge for all of you!  I hope you have fun and get creative.  There are so many possibilities with this one.   




I just found out that one of my best friends has breast cancer.  She will have surgery this week and begin the process of chemo soon.  I wanted to send this card to her because I love the sentiment.  

I let my paper due all the work for me.  I found a lemon lime green scrap in my stash and used it to back the panels and used it for my horizontal strip.  I embossed it with a linen embossing folder.  The paper was cut in vertical strips and adhered to the card.  I used the die cut hummingbird and the sentiment on top of the panels.  I popped the hummingbird up with dimensional tape for my height.  I added a few pearls.  



  1. Please provide a direct link to the post featuring your challenge entry.
  2. Please link your card to no more than four challenges, TOTAL, including ours
  3. Please be considerate of our requests; entries that do not follow any of these rules will be deleted without notification.
  4. Have fun, and thank you for playing with us!

Don't forget to check out all the amazing projects from the Design Teams.  



The Paper Players Design Team

         Claire Broadwater  

Thanks for stopping by my blog today.  Please leave a comment and let me know your thoughts!

Hugs!

5 comments:

  1. Claire I love the bold florals and hummingbird centrepiece and the sentiment is so appropriate; I hope it brings your friend comfort and strength. A beautiful card and great sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes to your friend as she begins her treatment, Claire. Even when the outcome is good, the journey is so, so tough--over the past several years, I have sent weekly cards to three different women who battled breast cancer (one of them being my mother). I am sure your beautiful card will brighten your friend's day and I think that's even more important in those circumstances.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your friend will appreciate this card as much as she appreciates your friendship and encouragement! SO pretty---love that hummer! This is a lovely sketch too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My thoughts and prayers are with your friend as she begins her journey, Claire. This card is so beautiful. The hummingbird is the perfect image, and I know your friend will appreciate it. Hugs to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Claire, my thoughts and healing prayers for your friend. A cancer diagnosis and journey is so tough and your thoughtful card with its beautiful sentiment is just perfect. Hugs to both of you
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love every comment. Please come back soon!!