Sunday, July 7, 2024

Let's Do Lunch The Paper Players Challenge PP697

July 7, 2024

It's Sunday and time for new challenges at The Paper Players and Sunday Stamps 

I am the hostess this week at The Paper Players and I have a timely Theme Challenge for all of you!  "Summer Fun" has so many possibilities.  We can't wait to see your creative take on this theme.  


The color challenge at Sunday Stamps was perfect for my summer themed card.  I love this combo!  





 Many of us think of swimming and the beach for summer, but I decided to go a different direction and think back to fond memories of my childhood and going on a picnic.  Do you still go on picnics?  This old stamp set has been sitting in my stash and it was time to ink it up.  It is from Craftin Desert Divas.  This company is no longer in business, but this set makes me smile. The set is named "Let's Do Lunch". I used a die set from Penny Black to cut the Navy background and emboss the stitching and circles on the panel.  The die set is called Slimline Medley  I added red gingham paper behind the circles.  I stamped the ants, pie and basket and and colored them with Copic Markers.  I fussy cut all the pieces.  I stamped the sentiment in the center circle.  A few white enamel dots and goggly eyes were added to complete my card.

    Paper Players Rules

  1. Please provide a direct link to the post featuring your challenge entry.
  2. Please link your card to no more than four challenges, TOTAL, including ours
  3. Please be considerate of our requests; entries that do not follow any of these rules will be deleted without notification.
  4. Have fun, and thank you for playing with us!

Don't forget to check out all the amazing projects from the Design Teams.  



The Paper Players Design Team

         Claire Broadwater  



SUNDAY STAMPS GUIDELINES:
  • Feel free to use any brand of product you have. 
  • Please Link up a new project created for this challenge (no back links). 
  • Feel free to combine our challenge with up to FOUR other challenges.
  • We reserve the right to delete any links that do not adhere to challenge rules.
  • Please provide a link to us or use the graphic above in your post. 
  • Have Fun!!!
The challenge will end on Friday July 19th @ 6pm EST. 




Thanks for stopping by my blog today.  Please leave a comment and let me know your thoughts!

Hugs!

Claire


9 comments:

  1. So stinking cute...those little critters are just the cutest!! Who doesn't love a picnic...ants included, right!! LOL What great inspiration you have given to those who decide to play along with our new challenge over at Sunday Stamps...such a fun take on our "Mosaic Madness" color palette!! #SSC339

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claire... so looking forward to working with you! A picnic was a perfect choice and your ants are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hah, those little ants look like they know just how to invite themselves to a picnic! Love the diecuts and the plaid background! CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is absolutely darling Claire! Love the slimline design with the three circle openings showcasing the red gingham and those cute ants! They definitely invite themselves to all outdoor food events in my experience lol! Once again we are teamies! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The slimeline format suits this card so well. Nothing says summer picnic quite like the fruit, the ants and that lovely red checked tablecloth!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I do love a summer picnic Claire, complete with checked blanket and yummy food - even those cute ants might for once be welcome! Your design is perfect for a slimline design too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute card, congrats 💐☺️ happy day

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute card, Claire! The gingham adds a wonderful country vibe. And those ants...how adorable! Oh my gosh... old-fashioned picnics were a big thing when I was growing up decades ago. This little trip down memory lane has made me want to plan a true picnic! This was an awesome theme, Claire!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, those ants! They're just too darn cute. Wonderful card Claire.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love every comment. Please come back soon!!