Sunday, June 16, 2024

Fight Like A Girl The Paper Players Challenge PP694

 June 16, 2024

It's Sunday and time for a new challenge at The Paper Players.

The lovely LeAnne is our hostess this week and she has a Clean and Simple Challenge for all of us!  Sympathy or Encouragement is the theme this week.  Remember to keep it CAS.  We all need these cards in our stash.  So let's get creative and have fun! 



A few weeks ago, I got the bad news that my dear friend was diagnosed with breast cancer.  I am trying to send her a card every few weeks to keep her spirits up during chemo.  She is a beach girl and I thought this little bra/beach top would make her smile.  I added a strip of black and white stripes that I found in my stash.  I added a fun black circle cut with scalloped edges.  The bra top was made with the My Favorite Things Support Hope Die-namics.  It is retired, but I will keep it in my stash because it seems I have to pull it out to make a card too often.  I used scraps of pink,  pink polka dots and white to create the bra.  I added a little pink bow and a pearl. 


  1. Please provide a direct link to the post featuring your challenge entry.
  2. Please link your card to no more than four challenges, TOTAL, including ours
  3. Please be considerate of our requests; entries that do not follow any of these rules will be deleted without notification.
  4. Have fun, and thank you for playing with us!

Don't forget to check out all the amazing projects from the Design Teams.  



The Paper Players Design Team

         Claire Broadwater  

Thanks for stopping by my blog today.  Please leave a comment and let me know your thoughts!

Hugs!

Claire


5 comments:

  1. Claire, I am sorry to hear about your friend's diagnosis and what a good friend you are, encouraging her with cards! She'll LOVE this card...it is YOU all over! Thanks for making me giggle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always so sad to hear when someone has this kind of diagnosis Claire, but I'm sure your friend appreciates and looks forward to your encouraging notes. That bra is super cute - and the sentiment is just perfect! A fun card - wishing your friend well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This couldn't be more perfect for sending thoughs to your friend. Wonderful card Claire.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Claire, the perfect card - and image - to send to a friend after a BC diagnosis. I love that you are sending her encouragement cards every few weeks to show your support and nothing shows support like a pink polka dot bra - and that sentiment. Absolutely love it - especially paired with the black.
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a perfect card for your friend, Claire. I LOVE the sentiment, and I know she will, too. This is the cutest bra ever! Who wouldn't love a pink polka dot bra? I will continue to keep your friend in my thoughts. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love every comment. Please come back soon!!