Sunday, April 21, 2024

Happy Birthday The Paper Players Challenge PP686

April 21, 2024

It's Sunday and time for a new challenge at The Paper Players.  

The lovely Jaydee is our hostess this week and she has a beautiful Clean and Simple Challenge for all of us.  "Spring Flowers" is the theme.  I know we will have a lot of gorgeous blooms in the gallery this week.  

Remember, this is a CLEAN and SIMPLE challenge.  When The Paper Players use the term “Clean and Simple”, we mean cards that:

Have minimal layers and embellishments
Have plenty of open space
Are simple and uncluttered







I added a gorgeous plaid background to my card front.  I just love these plaid papers for Spring cards.  I used the Altenew Beautiful Lady stamp set.  I can't find this set on the Altenew site, but I think there are still companies that sell this set.  The beautiful Lantana bloom made me smile!  I stepped out of my comfort zone and used colored pencils to color this flower.  I still need a lot of work with blending, but I enjoyed the process.  I added a simple Happy Birthday sentiment from the same set.  I used a postage die to cut the white panel.  I wanted to add embellishments, but I kept it CAS.  


  1. Please provide a direct link to the post featuring your challenge entry.
  2. Please link your card to no more than four challenges, TOTAL, including ours
  3. Please be considerate of our requests; entries that do not follow any of these rules will be deleted without notification.
  4. Have fun, and thank you for playing with us!

Don't forget to check out all the amazing projects from the Design Teams.  



The Paper Players Design Team


         Claire Broadwater  

Thanks for stopping by my blog today.  Please leave a comment and let me know your thoughts!

Hugs!

Claire

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful bold blue bloom, Claire! It is striking against the white. And what can I say about the paper you used? I LOVE it! Great colors and definitely SO springy! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful bloom and I agree...those plaid papers are so bright and cheerful! Just enough peeking out to make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bold bloom is so striking Claire and I totally agree about the plaid - a real breath of spring colour!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love every comment. Please come back soon!!