Sunday, May 7, 2023

Make A Splash! The Paper Players Challenge PP639

 May 7, 2023

It's Sunday and time for a new challenge at The Paper Players

I am happy to be the hostess this week and I have a very fun Theme Challenge for all of you!  "April Showers Bring May Flowers", but feel free to get creative with your ideas.  It doesn't have to be about flowers.  Bring on the Rainy Day ideas! We can't wait to see what you create!   





My card is created on a white card base.  I added a blue background.  I used watercolor paper to sponge the background for my little cutie.  I used the Simon Says Stamp set called Abby's Spring Showers.  It is retired now, but I think you can find this set on Etsy or Ebay.  It has matching dies, too!  I stamped the raindrops in blue and created the puddles by sponging the gray.  I colored Abby and the bunny with Copic Markers.  The umbrella was paper pieced with a scrap of plaid paper.  The sentiment is from this same set.  I used a circle die and sponged the edges.  A few enamel dots and Wink of Stella was added for shine!   


  1. Please provide a direct link to the post featuring your challenge entry.
  2. Please link your card to no more than four challenges, TOTAL, including ours
  3. Please be considerate of our requests; entries that do not follow any of these rules will be deleted without notification.
  4. Have fun, and thank you for playing with us!

Don't forget to check out all the amazing projects from the Design Teams.  



The Paper Players Design Team

              Claire Broadwater  That's me

Thanks for stopping by my blog today.  Please leave a comment and let me know your thoughts!

Hugs!
Claire

7 comments:

  1. Claire, Your card is adorable. That little girl sure is enjoying spring showers. It reminds me of my grandaughters splasing around in their boots. Hope you have a great week. Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This little puddle-jumper is adorable Claire - I love her bright yellow raincoat and gingham umbrella too. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claire, this card is beyond adorable! That sweet girl with her bunny and paper pieced umbrella is the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is as cute as can be, Claire! This little girl is delightful, and you have colored her so perfectly. Of course, the plaid umbrella is an accessory I would love to have for myself. Thank you for a wonderful challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This little sweetie is making the best of those puddles! I would LOVE to have a plaid umbrella like hers! Fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Claire, this was such a fun challenge. Your little sweetie is adorable and great job with the paper piecing!!! I love that you used watercolor paper for the background. It adds wonderful texture. A fabulous scene!
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Claire, this is a great challenge and I love your use of textured watercolor paper as a background panel. Pink, yellow, and blue are a perfect color combo for spring! Love the pink bunny!
    Xoxo, Fran

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love every comment. Please come back soon!!