Sunday, June 12, 2022

SO Berry Kind of You! The Paper Players Challenge PP595

 June 12, 2022

It's Sunday and time for a new challenge at The Paper Players.

I am the hostess this week and I have a great color challenge for all of you!  It can be a patriotic project with July 4th coming in a few weeks, or you can stretch your imagination and try something different.  I think you will love all the amazing DT cards.



Nothing tastes better in June than juicy, fresh strawberries.  My card is created on a white card base.  I cut a Pacific Point polka layer using retired SU paper.  I added a Real Red rectangle that I embossed for texture.  The top white layer is cut using the Avery Elle Wonky Stitches Die.  The Strawberries are stamped in Real Red using the Concord & 9th Sweet Strawberries
stamp set.  I stamped the stems in Crumb Cake on watercolor paper for texture.  I figured since it was a neutral, I could add it to the combo.  The sentiment is from the same set and stamped in black ink.  A few sparkling clear sequins were added to complete my card.  I also added Wink of Stella to the berries for shine. 

  1. Please provide a direct link to the post featuring your challenge entry.
  2. Please link your card to no more than four challenges, TOTAL, including ours
  3. Please be considerate of our requests; entries that do not follow any of these rules will be deleted without notification.
  4. Have fun, and thank you for playing with us!

Don't forget to check out all the amazing projects from the Design Teams.  

The Paper Players Design Team


Thanks for stopping by my blog today.  Please leave a comment and let me know your thoughts!

Hugs!
Claire

7 comments:

  1. I love this! And I am with you on the strawberries...so delicious! Great challenge too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claire, I love your color combo! Real Red is my all time favorite!! Your card is just darling! Nothing like fresh strawberries in the summer! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I love the stitched borders and of course the delicious looking strawberries!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you included polka dots on the background to coordinate with your cute strawberry. Great use of the challenge colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card, Claire! That large strawberry looks good enough to eat! I love that polka dotted paper. It looks amazing with the berries. Thank you for the fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Claire, I love that big bold strawberry and the bold sentiment! Perfect with polka dots... just reminds me of a summer picnic.
    Hugs
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulously over the top strawberry Claire - perfect paired worn the crisp white and blue too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love every comment. Please come back soon!!