It's Sunday and time for a new challenge at The Paper Players!
The amazing Jaydee is our hostess this week and she has a fabulous theme challenge for all of us. Masculine birthday cards are something I never seem to have on hand, so I was thankful to see this challenge. It forced me to make a birthday card for a guy. I know a few guys with October birthdays, so this will work perfectly.
My card is created on a white card base. I added a wood grained panel. I found plaid paper in my stash to create the banner. I added a leaf stamped in brown ink from an old Stampin' Up set that was retired years ago. The birthday sentiment is stamped in black ink and backed with black paper to make it pop.
- Create a new paper-craft project specifically for this challenge.
- Upload your creation to your blog with a link back to us.
- Please provide a direct link to the post featuring your challenge entry.
- Please link your card to no more than four challenges, TOTAL, including ours
- Please be considerate of our requests; entries that do not follow any of these rules will be deleted without notification.
- Have fun, and thank you for playing with us!
Don't forget to check out all the amazing projects from the Design Team.
The Paper Players Design Team
Anne Marie Hile
Thanks for stopping by my blog today. Please leave a comment and let me know your thoughts!
This was a great set for leaves, Claire, and I love your background too...great masculine card all round!ReplyDelete
Love that plaid banner, Claire! It and the stamped leaf are the perfect accompaniment to the wood grain DSP!ReplyDelete
Plaid and leaves...two of my fall favorites, especially for masculine cards! I love the lighter colors, too. This is a wonderful card, Claire!ReplyDelete
Love the combo of the plaid with the wood grain! So great for a guy card!ReplyDelete
Love all the fun elements on your card. The sentiment is perfect!ReplyDelete
Love this, Claire! The wood, the plaid and the leaf are the perfect trifecta for a fab "guy card". That sentiment totally makes me smile, too. Big hugs!ReplyDelete
Leaves, plaid and woodgrain - the perfect combination for a male card! Add some cake and job done!!ReplyDelete