Friday, November 6, 2015

LOVE--FM233

November 6, 2015

T.G.I.F. to all of you!  When I saw the challenge at The Friday Mashup, I squealed with delight.  Nothing is better than reliving my 70's Days!  I love that decade!!!  All of my high school and college years were spent during that time frame.  YES---I am OLD and YES---I was a Disco Queen.  I spent many nights at The Regulator Disco in Bloomington, Indiana during my college experience.  






I skipped to my craft room and found this starburst stencil from Tim Holtz and created a background with my blending tool using Distress Inks.  (They are listed below)  I love the way it turned out.  I love color blocking, but decided this was a better backdrop for my card.  So, I am just using the Decade Theme for my card.  



The stamp set is from Unity Stamps--Girly Dots.  I thought it was perfect!  Peace and Love were all the rampage during this decade.  I stamped it with black Versa Fine ink and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder.  I added three black enamel dots and the card was finished.  I made this card for a young girl that is struggling with an eating disorder.  I thought it might brighten her day.  Please keep her in your prayers. 

Wishing all of you a fabulous weekend filled with LOVE and happiness!

HUGS!!!!
Claire


7 comments:

  1. Fabulous card with the color blocking Claire. Thank you for joining us over at Friday Mashup and have a fantastic weekend.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claire, this is such a great card (and I'm delighted to hear you were a Disco Queen!! haha). Your background is so funky.. and I'd still consider it colour-blocking! Perfect sentiment and focal point, too. Thanks for sharing with us at The Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect card to highlight the 70's.....bright colors and fun movement! Wonderful job on the theme Claire!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card! I love it. Thanks for sharing on the Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really fun card Claire! Love the merging starbursts. Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup! ~amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, Claire! Love the color-blocking background. Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup. Valérie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love every comment. Please come back soon!!