Saturday, May 30, 2015

Mask-erade Class - More Masking Paper-Homework Day 2

May 30, 2015

I am posting my homework for Day 2 of the Mask-erade Class.  I am learning so much and enjoying all the wonderful techniques and amazing projects!  

http://onlinecardclasses.com/maskerade/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/MSK_participant.png

Day 2 was about using More Masking Paper!  



The first thing I did to create my card was make a mask out of a "Floral Frames" die by Stampin' Up! on masking paper.  I attached it to a white piece of card stock (3 3/4"X 5")  I applied Real Red ink to a "retired" plaid background stamp from Stampin' Up!  I stamped it on top of the mask and covered the rest of the piece of card stock.  I removed the mask and had a large white area to work with for the rest of the flowers.  



I stamped the flowers and leaves using my new Altenew Stamps-Scribbled Flowers.  I used the new Delightful Dijon (available June 2nd) Crushed Curry, Tempting Turquoise and Wild Wasabi inks to complete the floral portion.  
I adhered the panel to a Crushed Curry layer (5 1/4" x 4") and then attached it to a white base card (5 1/2 x 4 1/4").  This is definitely a technique I will try again.  So much fun to learn new things!  Old teachers never die---they just lose their class!  LOL!

Thanks for stopping by my blog!  Please leave a comment and let me hear from you!  

Have a wonderful night!
Hugs,
Claire



1 comment:

  1. Another cool masking technique!!!! I really love that plaid background stamp! It looks awsome in red against the flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love every comment. Please come back soon!!