Saturday, May 30, 2015

SMILE--Friday Mashup 211-Addicted To Stamps--Mask-erade homework Day 3

May 30, 2015

I have been participating in the Mask-erade Classes this week.  I have really enjoyed learning so many new techniques and encourage you to try some of these things to.  My card today is for my Day 3 homework, but also for the Friday Mashup Challenge and the Addicted to Stamps Challenge.  The sketch was perfect for my card and I had to use watercoloring in my homework.  The anything goes challenge at Addicted to Stamps made it a win-win.  Today's card is used by masking my flowers with rubber cement.  I hope you enjoy my card!
    This week's Mashup! Challenge is:
  • Create a project with "Watercoloring".
  • Create a project using "the Sketch".
  • or Mash it Up! and create a "Watercolored Project using the Sketch".
My card features one of my all time favorite flower stamps, Regarding Dahlias by Stampin' Up!  (Retiring June 2nd!)  It always inks so nicely, gives a beautiful result and lasting impression!  I stamped the first flower in the corner.  I then stamped the flower on masking paper, cut it out and used it to mask the first stamped flower.  I stamped two more flowers after applying the mask.  I painted rubber cement over the dahlias and let them dry for several hours.  I came back and decided to us my Tim Holtz distress inks for the watercoloring.  I used three different shades of ink.  Peacock Feathers, Peeled Paint and Broken China.  I added a little water to the inks and let it all run together. 

 After the watercoloring dried, I stamped the sentiment from Simon Says Stamp-Happy and Smile in black Versa Fine ink and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder.  It is so shiny and perfect!

I am very happy with the way my card turned out.  It is my first attempt at this new skill and plan to keep practicing!  I used my fingers to rub off all the rubber cement.  It was like being in Elementary School again!  I still love the smell of rubber cement!  I mounted the finished panel on black card stock and mounted it on white.

Thanks for stopping by today!  Please leave a comment if you have time!  It means so much to me to hear from you!

Have a fantastic evening!



  1. Great technique, Claire! It sounds like an easier way to mask rather than cutting out all the extra flowers! Glad you joined in at The Friday Mashup!

  2. What an elegant card, Claire! Your masking really paid off with the Regarding Dahlias image. Love the effect of the rubber cement. It certainly kept your blossoms clean while you watercoloured the rest of the card. The Distress inks blended beautifully. Thanks so much for sharing your card with the Friday Mashup this week.

  3. Very beautiful card. The watercoloring background is pretty. Thank you for sharing at ATSM.


Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love every comment. Please come back soon!!