Sunday, February 15, 2015

BELIEVE-SSC95

February 15, 2015

It's Sunday and time to play along with the Sunday Stamps Challenge!
Our challenge is a color challenge--Basic Gray, Smokey Slate, Blue and White/Vanilla.  I love the combo and had so many ideas for my card.  



 I guess my first thought was a baby card, but then I received the "Dream Believer" W Plus9 Design Studio Stamp Set and matching dies in my recent craft order.  (If you would like to know the legend of the Dreamcathcer, click here to read more about it.)  I changed my mind and went a totally different direction.  I hope you enjoy my card! 




The first thing I did was create my background paper.  I used Tim Holtz Distress Inks-Pumice Stone and Salty Ocean.  I wet my watercolor paper and let the two colors run.  I then added a few drops of water and let it dry.  I love the look, but decided to go with the "bokeh" look and used white pigment ink and a stencil to add the circles.  I love the way it turned out!  HAPPY DANCE!

The Dreamcatcher was made by cutting out five of the hoops (frame) with the die.  I stacked them up and adhered them together to give a fuller effect.  I then added Versa Mark to the outside rim and used silver embossing powder to add the shine.  A few feathers in Soft Sky Ink and a few silver embossed beads and they were ready to add with dimensionals.  I tied some white twine to the top and added a few Marshmallow sequins from Pretty Pink Posh!  I am thrilled with the results.  

Please leave a comment and let me know your thoughts.  I love to hear from you and cherish your comments!

If you have any questions, please contact me at: Claire.

Stop by the Sunday Stamps Challenge Blog and play along with us!  We can't wait to see your creations!


  • Feel Free to use any brand of Product you have. 
  • Please create a new project with the Sketch above and provide a link to our challenge or use the challenge graphic in your post. 
  • Please limit the number of combined challenges to no more then 5 including ours. 
  • Have fun!!! 
  • The Challenge is open for 2 weeks and the Linky will close on Friday Feb. 27th @ 6pm EST.

  • Wishing you a wonderful week!

    Happy Stampin'!
    Claire





    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love every comment. Please come back soon!!