Sunday, March 26, 2017

That Succs!-- PP337 and SCC149

March 26, 2017

It's Sunday and time for new challenges at The Paper Players and Sunday Stamps!

I am babysitting this weekend for  two of my GRANDS, so I was excited that I could combine the challenges.  




I am the hostess at The Paper Players this week.  You all know that I love layers!  The beautiful color palette from Sunday Stamps was perfect for the card I wanted to share.  Please make sure you use a minimum of three of the colors in your card.  PLEASE remember NOT to link your card to more than four challenges.  The guidelines are listed below for both challenges.  Just a friendly reminder! 




My card is created on a white card base.  I used the MFT Blueprints 20 for cutting the beautiful purple plaid paper from Lawn Fawn's Perfectly Plaid Rainbow paper pack.  The Stamps of Life Succulents2  stamp set and dies were used on the cactus and pot. I have had this stamp set laying on my table for months.  I love succulents and they have become very popular in decorating.  I do not have a green thumb and people laugh when I say, "I can't keep a cactus alive"!, but it is true.  I cut a Mossy Meadows circle from the Zig Zag Stitched circle die from SugarPea Designs.  The Wild Wasabi rectangle was embossed with an embossing folder that I thought looked southwestern.  The cactus is stamped and colored with Copic Markers.  A few purple enamel dots were added for fun.  





Don't forget to check out the fabulous inspirations from both  design teams and I hope that you will play along with our challenges this week. 

The Paper Players Design Team
Challenge Rules:

 Create a NEW paper, or digital, project.
  1. Upload your creation to your blog with a link back to us. 
  2. Please provide a direct link to the post featuring your challenge entry.
  3. Please link your card to no more than four challenges, TOTAL.  Entries linked to more than 3 challenges, including ours, will be deleted without notification!
  4. Have fun!!
  5. All stamping products are welcome.  


Teresa Kline
Challenge Guidelines
  • Feel free to use any brand of product you have. 
  • Please Link up a new project created for this challenge (no back links). 
  • Feel free to combine our challenge with up to FOUR other challenges.
  • We reserve the right to delete any links that do not adhere to challenge rules.
  • Please provide a link to us or use the graphic above in your post. 
  • Have Fun!!!

The challenge will end on Friday April 7th  @ 6pm EST. 

Thank you for stopping by my blog today!  I always love to hear from you!


Have a wonderful week! 


HUGS!
Claire

14 comments:

  1. What a cute card! Love the sentiment...perfect with your image! Perfect use of the colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love that purple plaid background Claire and I'm a sucker (couldn't resist!) for a punny sentiment! What a fun card - love the sketch! Hope you've had a fun weekend with your grands.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 challenges and one card
    Clever lady Miss Claire
    lovee the use of the color combo and your image is too cute
    and the added of the Embossing paper is clever added the surface...Love your cute card Miss Claire
    see you on my DT card soon
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great sketch, Claire! I love it, and love your cacti card. Terrific colors, and the sentiment cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute, Claire! This sentiment cracks me up. Perfect use of the color challenge and your colors in fabulous. Hope you had a fun weekend with the grands!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This makes me smile! What a fun sentiment and cute card Claire!

    Have a great week:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just the greatest sketch, and you've created a fun card with it! I can barely keep a cactus alive either!!! Love those deep rich colors....I will be keeping this sketch for future reference for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fun cacti card with an awesome sentiment, Claire! Thank you for the great sketch, I enjoyed it

    ReplyDelete
  9. Claire, your cactus plant surrounded in purple is so cute! And that saying is so funny! What a great card for just about reason/person! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a fun card, Claire! I love your sketch too, it's perfect for highlighting images!

    ReplyDelete
  11. On now this is SO fun Claire! I JUST LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Claire, this is such a fun card and I love the colors and textures. the purple enamel dots are the perfect finishing touch. awesome, my friend
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  13. hello claire! this is precious, luv the cactus! hope you have a wonderful week!

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  14. This card is beyond awesome. The textures, colors and depth...wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love every comment. Please come back soon!!