Sunday, September 6, 2015

You're Tee-rific Seize the Birthday

September 6, 2015

Today I am playing along with Seize The Birthday Challenge.  The topping this week is "The Weather."





I needed a quick birthday card for my Sweetie's best friend.  They have been friends for 51 years!  They love to play golf together when they see each other, so I pulled out a favorite set from Paper Smooches, "My Guy"  and cut a golf cart out and colored it with Copic Markers.  I created a Distressed background with Tim Holtz Distress inks and also cut a few hills from white card stock using Lawn Fawn "Hillside Borders".  I distressed them with two shades of green and one hill of brown to look like the sand trap.




Mama Elephant Creative Cuts Stitched dies were used to create the clouds and the sunshine.  Distress inks were added to them for color and dimension.  



Thank you for stopping by my blog today!  I love to hear from you, so please leave a comment if you have a minute.

Have a fun evening!

Hugs!
Claire


4 comments:

  1. Great card for a golfer. Love the scene you created. Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, JoAnn! So nice to hear from you! XX

      Delete
  2. Love your card Claire and I am sure the gold lover will too! I just recently took up the sport and I knew it was going to be tough, and boy is it! So glad to see you in our gallery over at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Nancy! It is the hardest game I have ever attempted to play! XX

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love every comment. Please come back soon!!