Sunday, June 7, 2015

King of the Grill!--PP248

June 7, 2015

Wow!  Another week has flown by!  It is time for a fun challenge at The Paper Players!  We were blown away by all the stunning entries last week with our Tic-Tac-Toe board and can't wait to see what you create for our theme challenge!  

This week the lovely Joanne wants us to create "masculine" cards!  It is just in time for Father's Day, too!  




My card was created using a new stamp set that I bought from Your Next Stamp--For the Boys.  This set has so many "guy" options!  I just love it! I stamped the grill image on Neenah white card stock with black Momento ink.  I colored it with Copic Markers.  After I colored it, I cut it out with the matching die.


The base card is Night of Navy. (5 1/2 X 4 1/4)  I got the top layer with a rectangle stitch die with paper from a Murphy's Square Paper Pack I found at Hobby Lobby.  It is full of great papers for masculine cards.  I cut a few Night of Navy rectangles and added different patterns from the same pack on top of it.
I cut a circle from Natural White card stock to adhere the grill to an popped it up with dimensionals.  I stamped the sentiment "King of the Grill" with black ink on a small rectangle.  I added Night of Navy candy dots for my embellishment. 



Thank you for stopping by my blog today!  I love to hear from you, so please leave a comment!  It makes my day! 


The design team have some fabulous creations as inspiration for you.  I hope you will check out their blogs and then come and play along with us.


The Paper Players Design Team



Challenge Rules:


  1. Create a NEW paper, or digital, project.
  2. Upload your creation to your blog with a link back to us. 
  3. Please provide a direct link to the post featuring your challenge entry.
  4. Please link your card to no more than three challenges, TOTAL.  Entries linked to more than 3 challenges, including ours, will be deleted without notification.
  5. Have fun!

Please link up your creation here! All stamping products are welcome! Thank you for joining the Paper Players this week.  This linky will close on Friday, June 12th at Noon (PST).


Have a wonderful week!!!

Hugs,
Claire


15 comments:

  1. This is such a fun image,and great card, that stamp set has so many possibilities.Love those patterned papers! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun image,and great card, that stamp set has so many possibilities.Love those patterned papers! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, this is so cute....I love the dimension you created by popping up the grill....he's a keeper! GREAT papers, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So adorable Claire! You find the cutest stamps! Such perfect collaboration of design details.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable card, Claire! That grill is just too cute! Great mix of patterns, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card makes me smile whenever I see it! Love that stamp and your card is perfect to showcase it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable image and such a fabulous layout! I might have to check out YNS - thanks for the enabling ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute image! I like the layers PP behind it, darling card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card just so makes me chuckle Claire - my husband would love it, he lives for BBQ! I love the way you cut out the image and popped it up for depth and the fun mix of background papers you've chosen - such a great masculine card and perfect for my challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Claire, this is hysterical. This card really brings a smile to my face. That image.... awesome. I love the DSP you used, too. Fabulous card
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely adorable, Claire! It doesn't get any cuter than this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, I've never heard of this stamp company but I am SO enabled by your card!! Great job of coloring and your selection and placement of papers is fantastic!! Love!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is so cool Claire! I love the image and you've colored it just perfectly! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love every comment. Please come back soon!!