Sunday, June 14, 2015

Keep Cool--PP249

June 14, 2015

It's Sunday and you know what that means!  It is time for another challenge at The Paper Players!  This week the "Sensational Sandy" is our hostess!  She wants us to use Real Red, Pool Party and Island Indigo.  I love this combo!  We can't wait to see what you create!

A big thank you to all of you that played along with Joanne's masculine card challenge last week!  We were blown away by all the amazing entires!  




It is already very hot in Georgia!  Today's high was 95 and HUMID!  So, I thought it was the perfect time to use my new stamp by C.C. Designs.  (Swiss Pixie Beach Ball Birgitta Rubber Stamp).   I colored her with Copic Markers and added Glossy Accents to her glasses for shine.  I fussy cut her and then set her aside while I worked on my card.

My base card is Whisper White. (5 1/2 X 4 1/4).  The next layer is Pool Party cut with my rectangle stitched dies.  The next layer is cut with the next smaller size rectangle stitched die.  It is a piece of Real Red from "Fresh Prints" a retired Stampin' Up! paper pack.  I added a smaller rectangle cut from Island Indigo and cut two borders in Pool Party using a  Verve-Scallopped Trim Trio Set.   The Whisper White circle was cut with my circle stitched dies.  I trimmed off one side  of the circle to be even with the bottom layer.  I stamped the sentiment "Keep Cool" using the Lawn Fawn-Swimsuit Season stamp set in Versa Mark Black and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder.  



Red and white Baker's Twine was wrapped around the Island Indigo strip 3 times and then a bow was attached on top of the twine.  Three Pool Party Candy Dots were added to the circle. A little Wink of Stella was added to the girl for shine.  She is ready for a day at the beach! 


Thank you for stopping by my blog today.  I love to hear from you.  Please leave a comment!


The design team have some fabulous creations as inspiration for you.  I hope you will check out their blogs and then come and play along with us.

The Paper Players Design Team

Challenge Rules:

  1. Create a NEW paper, or digital, project.
  2. Upload your creation to your blog with a link back to us. 
  3. Please provide a direct link to the post featuring your challenge entry.
  4. Please link your card to no more than three challenges, TOTAL.  Entries linked to more than 3 challenges, including ours, will be deleted without notification.
  5. Have fun!

Please link up your creation here! All stamping products are welcome! Thank you for joining the Paper Players this week.  This linky will close on Friday, June 19th at Noon (PST).


Have a wonderful week!!!

Hugs,
Claire




20 comments:

  1. Totally adorable, Claire! I love your little bathing beauty and you colored her so well. I also like that the patterned paper mimics waves. Great use of the challenge colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandy! Great challenge! Love the color combo! XX

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness Claire - what a sweetie! I love your little swimmer - she looks rather like my daughter! Love your choice of patterned paper and the baker's twine ruffle too. This card is totally adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Joanne! Always nice to hear such kind things from you! XX

      Delete
  3. What a little cute card! I agree that this color combo shouts summer and you definitely showed that! That bow is so cool! I will have to work on my technique and give that a go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Debbie! I am so glad you like the bow. It is big! LOL! XX

      Delete
  4. Love the adorable image. She is perfect for this great color combo. Very pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, JoAnn! So happy to hear from you! XX

      Delete
  5. How sweet and adorable is this card, Claire! Perfect colors for this sweet stamp and sentiments. You totally rocked it with the DSP and coloring and baker's twine bow! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet and adorable is this card, Claire! Perfect colors for this sweet stamp and sentiments. You totally rocked it with the DSP and coloring and baker's twine bow! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! I love how you made the bow, it's so perfect for this card...fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable image and so beautifully colored, Claire! And I just love your layout - I love circles on cards :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Karren! I love circle on cards, too! XX

      Delete
  9. Your little girl is so adorable!! I love all of your beautiful details, but that twine bow really struck me! I'm going to have to learn how to do that, I LOVE it!! Cute, cute card!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shannon! I like BIG bows and I can not lie! XX

      Delete
  10. I couldn't wait to comment on this little cutie! She's ADORABLE, and I love the papers you used for the colors as well! I need to go swimming to cool off too! HOT HOT HOT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, LeAnne! Swimming does sound like the sport of choice right now! It is a heat wave in Georgia! 100 today! XX

      Delete
  11. What a sweet little image! We definitely need that sentiment here today...it's hot!! Love the neat border punch and the awesome bow too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love every comment. Please come back soon!!